MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mod_rewrite is enabled, I've checked.
I followed installation instructions but Google SEO appears to disabled on the plugins page even though I enabled all parts of it in Configuration page. So instead of the new urls I'm getting old SEO urls like /forum-2.html

functions.php was replaced with the modified file which is uploaded in the first post of this thread.
I also used .httaccess file included in the plugin package.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have just renamed the default category and default forum (my board just installed), but the link is no change, it's still /Forum-My-Category and /Forum-My-Forum.

How can I run the url rebuild?
@Ahelnor,
If you don't get the SEO URLs, then SEO URL is either not enabled, or all schemes are set to empty, or functions.php is not modified correctly.

@phudq90,
The links are only updated when you follow them, i.e. actually click on the link. It would be too expensive to check whether all links are still up to date all the time.
(2010-09-03, 09:00 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]@Ahelnor,
If you don't get the SEO URLs, then SEO URL is either not enabled, or all schemes are set to empty, or functions.php is not modified correctly.
Tried reinstalling the plugin again and it works now. Thanks anyway.
Nice plugin

got it working 100%

few errors along the way and slightly time consuming but its all worth it.
thanks installing now.
can this plugin generate sitemap based on posts (not thread pages)?
for example each post for search engines has it's own title, description, and unique url?
(so each post is a different page of site fo SE)
because 10 pages (with different titles) in google index gives more traffic than only 1 page
If you make each post its own page (thereby essentially making them threads with one post each), sure. Not sure what the point of that would be. Otherwise no, it won't give a link to each post in a sitemap, that'd be duplicating content since no matter which post of a page you look at, it's always the same page.

If your question is related to MyBB's tree style thread view, then know that this is not supported. MyBB's tree mode is way too impractical to be seriously put in production use.
So... we can make tree style thread view by default only for search spiders, so users don't see the difference... by the way, can MyBB produce unique url for each post without changing to tree syle?
For example in some forum engines there is the "show only this post" button.. or "print this post" or something like that, and when you click on it - u see only this post and "return to thread" button.