MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Staff members will start writing up their answers in the coming days, so if your question isn't here before then they will not be able to answer it.

Some great questions so far, feel free to ask more than one if you like.
who originally invented mybb
and is mybb a break off of phpbb?
where did all these bb forums come from , what is the history of mybb?

does the GNL mean the link on the powered by my bb , should be on every theme? etc;?

is rhino self appointed pubic lesion?
(2009-05-20, 01:12 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]who originally invented mybb
and is mybb a break off of phpbb?
where did all these bb forums come from , what is the history of mybb?

No, MyBB has no origins with PHPBB, it was originally forked from XMBB but has since been totally rewritten, there is more history here http://www.mybboard.net/about/mybb

Quote:does the GNL mean the link on the powered by my bb , should be on every theme? etc;?

No it means while legally you may remove the MyBB copyright you will not receive support here as well as a few other draw backs if you do remove it.
what other draw backs? i think i head of xm something forums before... hmmm?
Q1: How do you see Vbulletin and IPB leaving the basic "Message Board" function, to become "Social Network" scripts too?
Q2: Will mybb use such features in next major releases?
@All Staff: What forum software did you use before MyBB (if any)?
Basically you can't advertise it on these forums including showcase and your signature i think, of course as long as you leave the copyright there you are free to do so and will receive the same top quality support as always.
@all staff :
------------
  1. how you founded this job ??
  2. Why you joined this job ??
  3. Do you get paid for it ?? (its a free licence so no money from that ^^ )
  4. Do you got a Great Team or do you cant have some other developers/staff members ??
  5. If you need to leave this project , Do you want to start your own project then ??
---------
@Original Owner
----
  1. How you came on this idea ??
  2. How you founded your staff ??
  3. Are you working on this script to ??
  4. Is This your only "big" Project , or do you got a lot more ??
  5. What you like of your Team ??
  6. What you hate of your team ??
  7. Is this the dream Project you always wanted ?? or was your dream of this script differend then it looks now ??
------

I know , it are a lot of Questions , but if you ask something , then ask it nice and clean , and then i dont need to make 100 posts for all those answers Smile

then now the hidden Question for every1 , do you want to help me to develop a script ?? , just kidding ^^

Ok , i hope you can understand my questions , and i hope they are good to get a answer on Smile

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher
These should be interesting to answer. Toungue
(2009-05-20, 10:41 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]These should be interesting to answer. Toungue

@ Imad. Why do you post more then any other team. (you or matt in other non support areas)