MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-11-28, 02:40 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 04:40 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 06:43 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I've read the Inheritance cycle. I also like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars books. Oh, and Hunger Games.

FTW!

Except the last book sucked.

Aww, it didn't "suck", but yeah, it wasn't as good as the others were. You wanna talk suckage, lets talk about the movie Sad
(2011-12-03, 05:59 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 02:40 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 04:40 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 06:43 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I've read the Inheritance cycle. I also like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars books. Oh, and Hunger Games.

FTW!

Except the last book sucked.

Aww, it didn't "suck", but yeah, it wasn't as good as the others were. You wanna talk suckage, lets talk about the movie Sad

Don't....even...get...me....started....on the ....movie..... erg...
@All staff, Which is correct?

Is the glass half full, half empty, the wrong size, or a free drink?

Explain why you pick which.
Half empty.

Because I'm a pessimist.
(2011-12-03, 09:38 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]@All staff, Which is correct?

Is the glass half full, half empty, the wrong size, or a free drink?

Explain why you pick which.

Although I'm not staff, I'd say neither. You cant have a door that's half open or half closed, if it is anything but closed, it is open. Full and empty (like open and closed) are two opposite absolute states. On or off, true or false, open or closed, empty or full, dark or light, positive or negative. Same difference
Actually the glass is always full in less it's in a vacuum...
Depending on how the question is phrased. If you say is the glass half full or half empty of water then my statement is correct, else the glass is always full of something
(2011-12-03, 10:56 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on how the question is phrased. If you say is the glass half full or half empty of water then my statement is correct, else the glass is always full of something

Well, if you want to get all technical, it wouldn't (necessarily) be half full at all if you fill the glass exactly half with liquid water. This is because the air itself is not necessarily free of water (existing in the form of water vapor), which means that the air in the cup also contains water, taking up space, accounting for the volume of the water in the cup. You can probably get away with rephrasing your sentence as "...the glass half full or half empty of liquid water..."
Ok, in a vacuum my statement is correct Toungue either way there is not "half full" Toungue
It's a free drink, because free never tasted so good.