MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-12-05, 02:54 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 02:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]One question: Do you all care about showing your badge and different style color, or you just like to help the project without worrying about the rank you do have?

Most definitely the latter Wink

Indeed. If we joined the team for the badges and ranks, our quality of contribution wouldn't be of good quality at all.
(2011-12-05, 03:19 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 02:54 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-05, 02:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]One question: Do you all care about showing your badge and different style color, or you just like to help the project without worrying about the rank you do have?

Most definitely the latter Wink

Indeed. If we joined the team for the badges and ranks, our quality of contribution wouldn't be of good quality at all.

Not to mention the sheer amount of work involved in being a real contributor on this team. I don't think most people understand how much we actually do.

Maybe a small breakdown of my "average time" for MyBB:
  • Approx 2 hours per day Forums (Moderation, posting help in merge support, encouraging growth & community feeling) - some days this is as many as 6 hours.
  • Approx 4 hours per week writing code for the merge system or the board itself, though this has been considerably less (around 4 hours per month) for the past two months or so.
  • Approx 2 hours per week writing plugin code or preparing my site for launch.
  • Approx 5 hours per week answering questions on IMs or email for MyBB.

Now, that would add up to a lot... except for the fact that a lot of it does overlap. I'll be browsing forums and talking on IMs at the same time a lot. And almost any time I'm writing code I'm also on the forums. Its still a lot going on though, and I suspect its about the same for other team members.

Well, the color allows me to poof spammers, deny support, etc, all thing that make the community better Smile
@All staff, Why do you think the staff colors are what they are?
Because red is the best color in the world.
I prefer blue.

To all staff: are you taking a break for the winter holiday?
School break yes, MyBB break not really Smile
(2011-12-23, 06:02 AM)Alex597 Wrote: [ -> ]@All staff, Why do you think the staff colors are what they are?

Because I look good in purple. Wink

(2011-12-23, 09:49 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]To all staff: are you taking a break for the winter holiday?

Mainly just spending time with the family, but still working.
(2011-12-23, 09:55 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-23, 06:02 AM)Alex597 Wrote: [ -> ]@All staff, Why do you think the staff colors are what they are?

Because I look good in purple. Wink

I don't actually miss the purple badge, the color wasn't my favorite. Toungue
To all developers (staff plugin devs included): what text editor/IDE do you use for coding?