MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice, what type of books do you like to read, Paul?
Recently I've read the Inheritance cycle. I also like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars books. Oh, and Hunger Games.
How many of you (support) tend to Google issues more than just finding/knowing the fix?
I know most fixes. Once in a while I'll have to google it. I usually use google and site:mybb.com instead of the site search.
(2011-11-25, 06:43 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I've read the Inheritance cycle. I also like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars books. Oh, and Hunger Games.

FTW!
(2011-11-28, 04:40 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 06:43 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I've read the Inheritance cycle. I also like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars books. Oh, and Hunger Games.

FTW!

Except the last book sucked.
To all staff:

How did you learn PHP and other languages? Was it difficult for you, or fairly easy? Did you use a book, or are you self-taught?
Fiddling with other people's code, mostly. Video tutorials are great too, and a book always comes handy for quick reference.
From MyBB. I joined MyBB to get away from freeforums.org, fiddled around with plugins, and have been learning ever since. So, the answer is, slef-taught, by reverse-engineering.
(2011-12-02, 09:44 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]To all staff:

How did you learn PHP and other languages? Was it difficult for you, or fairly easy? Did you use a book, or are you self-taught?

Hello,

I taught myself, which from my understanding can include the use of a book. Thus, I used a mixture of books and a bit of experimenting for nearly all of my programming language learning. I wouldn't say it was easy, but I wouldn't say it was hard either.

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.