MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all dev:

How Born mybb?
(2018-05-23, 10:51 PM)caygri Wrote: [ -> ]For all dev:

How Born mybb?

If you ask this to devs the answer might be "typing vast codes", I guess you should ask management for what you wanna know.
However here is a piece of info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyBB#Histo...evelopment
(2018-07-06, 10:54 AM)dljetarora Wrote: [ -> ]For All Developers - You use PHP/.Net

Is that a suggestion or a question?
(2018-07-06, 10:54 AM)dljetarora Wrote: [ -> ]For All Developers - You use PHP/.Net

Yes to both. We clearly use PHP when writing and working on MyBB and I use .net at my day job.
(2018-07-06, 03:58 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I use .net at my day job.

My condolences. Toungue
Huh I'm wondering if I found my old home. It's been 18 years since I had my old website up, and awaiting a card so I can plug in my old IDE drive and pull the old website I backed up so many years ago. Im wondering if I found my old home.
The old place I remember, had the software free like here, though latest release there was a membership to get the latest release day it came out. Everyone was so helpful and friendly, and many like family. Something did happen for a time, where the forums got closed down for a time, and special groups for helping the masses had taken up the slack. One such group I think was called mybbpolice, or was it mybbcops. No relation to real pd, was just the offshoot support website group. Anyway, looking to put up my own website up again and see if I finally found home.
(2020-07-03, 09:48 PM)Lord-Xanthor Wrote: [ -> ]Huh I'm wondering if I found my old home. It's been 18 years since I had my old website up, and awaiting a card so I can plug in my old IDE drive and pull the old website I backed up so many years ago. Im wondering if I found my old home.
The old place I remember, had the software free like here, though latest release there was a membership to get the latest release day it came out. Everyone was so helpful and friendly, and many like family. Something did happen for a time, where the forums got closed down for a time, and special groups for helping the masses had taken up the slack. One such group I think was called mybbpolice, or was it mybbcops. No relation to real pd, was just the offshoot support website group. Anyway, looking to put up my own website up again and see if I finally found home.

Umm, I am curious if maybe you are talking say xmb or say the fork devbb when you say 18 years ago as your mention of mybb named groups and the 18 time year time period may have one slighly confused on what you are trying to say and perhaps you are not talking about MyBulletin Board /-> MyBB at all?

Curious and thinking back as memory serves due to the time period mentioned if you are actually thinking about php-nuke cms and the old nukecops communinty perhaps? Or any of the php-nuke variants/forks ie: dragonfly cms, php-nuke enhanced, post-nuke, xoops, etc, etc...
(2020-07-03, 09:48 PM)Lord-Xanthor Wrote: [ -> ]One such group I think was called mybbpolice, or was it mybbcops.

The name didn't ring a bell to me...
(2020-07-04, 01:00 AM)User 6029 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-03, 09:48 PM)Lord-Xanthor Wrote: [ -> ]Huh I'm wondering if I found my old home. It's been 18 years since I had my old website up, and awaiting a card so I can plug in my old IDE drive and pull the old website I backed up so many years ago. Im wondering if I found my old home.

Umm, I am curious if maybe you are talking say xmb or say the fork devbb when you say 18 years ago as your mention of mybb named groups and the 18 time year time period may have one slighly confused on what you are trying to say and perhaps you are not talking about MyBulletin Board /-> MyBB at all?

Curious and thinking back as memory serves due to the time period mentioned if you are actually thinking about php-nuke cms and the old nukecops communinty perhaps? Or any of the php-nuke variants/forks ie: dragonfly cms, php-nuke enhanced, post-nuke, xoops, etc, etc...
Yes!! Thanks. It was several I belonged to, php-nuke and nukecops was two of the many sites I belonged to. I just pulled my website from backup which was 18 years old, and it was put together from parts of those many forks. More than half will never run on a windows 10 server, and final nail in the coffin which now requires me to start from scratch is discovering the backups are all compressed encrypted by my old hosting service that no longer exists. Gather they did this so I would not move on to another. I was forced to stop hosting on my own system when I moved to CA and started getting e-mails from my provider that it was against their terms to run a server off their network. Was running several emulators back then, and now my kids into online games, decided to put it all back up but need to start from ground zero. My old site was a mix of php and html. A lot has changed since then but at least I can now run a server from my pc as long as I dont burn up 4tb a month lol. Glad to see people here are quite friendly.
Please remove if not in the right area, I'm totally new to MyBB and there is a screenshot of MyBBoost on the main page, is that a theme or a mod? Where can it be found?