MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found MyBB through a forum I joined when I was like 12. I participated actively on it for a while but it gradually fizzled into a pretty much dead board. Some time after (around November 2010 I think) I made a board using FreeForums (phpBB) and eventually grew sick of the ads and everything that free forums restrict. I decided I would get my own hosting. I got some (with x10hosting to start) (and a co.cc domain) and went over to the old forum I mentioned above to see what software it ran. It was MyBB and here I am today (with real hosting and a real domain Wink).
@Staff, what is your posts per page view mode here at mybb? Just curious Smile
(2012-04-02, 06:32 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]@Staff, what is your posts per page view mode here at mybb? Just curious Smile

Default. Smile
(2012-04-02, 06:10 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I found MyBB through a forum I joined when I was like 12. I participated actively on it for a while but it gradually fizzled into a pretty much dead board. Some time after (around November 2010 I think) I made a board using FreeForums (phpBB) and eventually grew sick of the ads and everything that free forums restrict. I decided I would get my own hosting. I got some (with x10hosting to start) (and a co.cc domain) and went over to the old forum I mentioned above to see what software it ran. It was MyBB and here I am today (with real hosting and a real domain ;)).

And your most successful story with MyBB? It could be helping someone with a big issue or running a active board for a while. Go! :)
@All team: How many dishes you're able to cook ? Writing their names here would be good as well.
@Staff: What age you started to learn or got your first ever PC (computer) ? Just curious. I got exactly on my b'day when I was 10. Earlier, I used to learn at school or didn't had or find much use of it.

After getting it on my b'day, i.e. 8 Sept, 2004, the first thing I ever did was playing Roadrash, ha ha, might sound funny though, but there was craze about that game at those times as well.
@all: If my MyBB went to become a paid software would you stick around or move to another project?

I know it never will but it's a question Toungue.
(2012-04-02, 06:49 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]And your most successful story with MyBB? It could be helping someone with a big issue or running a active board for a while. Go! Smile

Haven't had one really Toungue My largest board is 11 thousand something posts. It's a private board.

(2012-04-02, 07:02 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]@All team: How many dishes you're able to cook ? Writing their names here would be good as well.

Pizza, pancakes, hot dogs... not very much Toungue

(2012-04-02, 07:04 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]@Staff: What age you started to learn or got your first ever PC (computer) ? Just curious. I got exactly on my b'day when I was 10. Earlier, I used to learn at school or didn't had or find much use of it.

I've never had my own. Always used family computers. hopefully will be getting my own soon though.

(2012-04-02, 07:10 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]@all: If my MyBB went to become a paid software would you stick around or move to another project?

Of course Smile even if it was paid it would still be the best forum software. It'd mean I get paid to lurk on MyBB too Toungue
@Paul: When I meant got a PC means the first ever. Of course I don't have another one but I only use this atm. My brother has laptop.

I am gonna scrape (or sell it off) this Pentium 4 and buy one nicer in May.
(2012-04-02, 07:02 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]@All team: How many dishes you're able to cook ? Writing their names here would be good as well.

Not many... I'm a terrible cook! Anything microwavable or from a tin is usually what I'd cook.

(2012-04-02, 07:04 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]@Staff: What age you started to learn or got your first ever PC (computer) ? Just curious. I got exactly on my b'day when I was 10. Earlier, I used to learn at school or didn't had or find much use of it.

That must've been... '99. So 11/12 at the time. A huge white monitor, dial up, insanely bad graphics. Ah, those were the days. Toungue

(2012-04-02, 07:10 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]@all: If my MyBB went to become a paid software would you stick around or move to another project?

Only if I get paid. I already put a lot of time in to MyBB, if it was paid software I'd have to put a lot more time in.