MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ please see MyBB Team Members

Chris Boulton => founder of MyBB

for the support team, though not specified as admins, Matt & Leefish are seniors
Can I reinstall a fresh copy of MyBB by performing the upgrade instructions again? I noticed this option when I was upgrading to 1.8.1 but I want to do a fresh install of MyBB without having to configure my database again.

Thank you.
(2014-10-29, 09:49 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]Can I reinstall a fresh copy of MyBB by performing the upgrade instructions again? I noticed this option when I was upgrading to 1.8.1 but I want to do a fresh install of MyBB without having to configure my database again.

Thank you.

This isn't a support thread........
(2014-10-29, 11:02 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 09:49 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]Can I reinstall a fresh copy of MyBB by performing the upgrade instructions again? I noticed this option when I was upgrading to 1.8.1 but I want to do a fresh install of MyBB without having to configure my database again.

Thank you.

This isn't a support thread........

I know, and I apologize. I thought it would be a simple question that people with more experience with MyBB could answer. I ended up just installing MyBB from scratch.
I am where all of you once were -- trying to sort through a few dozen Internet forum softwares to select one.

Was taken back when I encountered a few posters who expressed a slight preference of MyBB, over phpBB. Since phpBB has one heck of a lot of users, that places MyBB in rarified air.

If I might be forgiven for asking, what makes MyBB so special ?
(2014-11-03, 05:22 PM)FaithMosaic Wrote: [ -> ]I am where all of you once were -- trying to sort through a few dozen Internet forum softwares to select one.

Was taken back when I encountered a few posters who expressed a slight preference of MyBB, over phpBB.  Since phpBB has one heck of a lot of users, that places MyBB in rarified air.

If I might be forgiven for asking, what makes MyBB so special ?

I've used both as a user in the past. I am obviously not a part of the MyBB team, but I guess that, at least for me, the awesome plugin system and the intuitive template and stylesheet systems, as well as some of the advanced features that MyBB offers and the simplicity of setting up permissions, were the main deciding factors for me. I like phpBB's overall front end simplicity as well as its less table-dependent layout much more, and phpBB 3.1 does look pretty interesting as far as its new extensions system, responsive theme, notifications systems, etc. are concerned. However, it still seemed, at least to me, as still being lacking in comparison to the simplicity of configuring MyBB as well as some of the features it offers.

I will say phpBB definitely has a future ahead now that 3.1 is out. We shall see where it goes long term. I'm definitely interested in seeing what they do for 3.2 and beyond.
staff, do you agree when i say mybb is superior over zetaboards? i say this after recent ddos attack on zb. plus..their servers are always having issues..mybb is more stable.
(2014-11-05, 02:49 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]staff, do you agree when i say mybb is superior over zetaboards? i say this after recent ddos attack on zb. plus..their servers are always having issues..mybb is more stable.

You can't compare them too much - MyBB is a software, zetaboards is a hosted solution.
thx. hi staff part 2. i have this radical dream that mybb would have option for mobileusers who cant download mega large files like downloading mybb to start own forum. ive always wanted to create forum here but cant because dont have a pc..see, theres the sticking point. whattaya think
I believe the host of Icyboards has something to autoinstall MyBB.