MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for team members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By an absolute state I mean, it can be X or Y, not in between. For example (ignoring quantum mechanics) a bit can be 0 or 1.

EG: Does 1 + 1 = 2?
The answer is true, it can't be both true and false. This ia what is meant by a boolean value.

Full is an absolute state, it is like saying "does the galss contain as much liquid as it possibly can?" which is true. You can't (gramatically) subdivise an absolute state.

Also, which dictionary are you looking in? The OED and Oxford English Dictionary disagree.
Thanks for your clarification. Smile As for the dictionary, I used Dictionary, LLC (dictionary.com) which cited its source (for that specific word) as "Collins English Dictionary (HarperCollins Publishers Ltd)."

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.
How odd Toungue Collins is usually a pretty reputable source. But then agian, that just backs up your previous statement that dictionaries arent neccessarily true Smile
(2011-12-04, 10:16 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]How odd Toungue Collins is usually a pretty reputable source. But then agian, that just backs up your previous statement that dictionaries arent neccessarily true Smile

Not to mention differentiations between British English and American English. Wink

When an American person says a glass is "half full" they mean that it is half filled.
Well. I started a real stir here.
(2011-12-05, 12:33 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Well. I started a real stir here.

Can you stir a half-filled glass?
The glass it self no but the liquids inside can be stirred yes Toungue.
(2011-12-05, 12:46 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]The glass it self no but the liquids inside can be stirred yes Toungue.

Nice qualification Toungue
I love how this devolved into a serious semantics debate. Especially with English from multiple backgrounds.
The glass content is not half full nor empty, it is just at half its capacity, is not it like that?

Note: posted by error, lol.

One question: Do you all care about showing your badge and different style color, or you just like to help the project without worrying about the rank you do have?
(2011-12-05, 02:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]One question: Do you all care about showing your badge and different style color, or you just like to help the project without worrying about the rank you do have?

Most definitely the latter Wink