MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-21, 10:25 PM)_Jerry_ Wrote: [ -> ]My observationis, 50% of the Google SEO URLs are showing page not found error if I click on a link on another page or try to access it from the browser directly.

Your site seems to be working... hard to tell what's going on there.

(2015-03-23, 09:44 AM)saini1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Same here, traffic is decreased by 50% and one more problem, check this thread have no search engine friendly urls: www.worldofdth.com/thread---15135
I have added the degree symbol

Google SEO (or rather, PHP's preg_replace) expects valid UTF-8, but the ° symbol in your thread subject is latin1 encoding. Unfortunately with illegal sequences you end up with empty string URLs. Fix the thread subject and the URL will go back to normal. UTF-8 has been the standard for quite some time now (back in MyBB 1.4) so if you use something else I really can't help you...
(2015-03-23, 10:04 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-23, 09:44 AM)saini1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Same here, traffic is decreased by 50% and one more problem, check this thread have no search engine friendly urls: www.worldofdth.com/thread---15135
I have added the degree symbol to the Punctuation characters area on plugin settings but it's still not working there. Please help.

Do you see any Google SEO notes in the ACP plugin area?

The following notes are showing:

Your database encoding is '', should be 'utf8'. Please update your MyBB to use UTF-8 everywhere.
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Revert changes to core files.

(2015-03-23, 11:21 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-21, 10:25 PM)_Jerry_ Wrote: [ -> ]My observationis, 50% of the Google SEO URLs are showing page not found error if I click on a link on another page or try to access it from the browser directly.

Your site seems to be working... hard to tell what's going on there.

I have added the degree symbol

Google SEO (or rather, PHP's preg_replace) expects valid UTF-8, but the ° symbol in your thread subject is latin1 encoding. Unfortunately with illegal sequences you end up with empty string URLs. Fix the thread subject and the URL will go back to normal. UTF-8 has been the standard for quite some time now (back in MyBB 1.4) so if you use something else I really can't help you...

There are hundreds of threads having that degree symbol and it will be really time consuming to find such threads and then editing their thread titles........any other method?
For your database encoding issue, please make a new thread, it's not really specific or even related to this plugin.
@Your site seems to be working... hard to tell what's going on there.
Hi frostschutz, thank you for helping me.
The site in discussion is having a big database and it is not linked here, not upgraded because of this problem.

I spent several hours to figure out the problem, the table mybb_google_seo had problem, a few rows in it were repeated with data "????" after utf8 conversion, this was preventing the db restore (columns id+url must be unique, isn't it?).

@saini,
There are hundreds of threads having that degree symbol and it will be really time consuming to find such threads and then editing their thread titles........any other method?

What I did is to open the db table in a text editor and deleted the unique lines in it (yeah really time consuming for large database)

Please do not take my words as final, let us wait for frostschutz to comment on this
I have successfully converted the database tables to UTF-8 and now that " Your database encoding is '', should be 'utf8'. Please update your MyBB to use UTF-8 everywhere." message is removed from plugins area and all the threads are working fine now Smile
Any one has a video of how to install Google SEO Plugin?
I'm using social share buttons which pull "{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/showthread.php?tid={$thread['tid']}". Unfortunately this seems useless for social share. It only brings up the website name and general website meta, not the meta of the thread (thread title and thread excerpt from first post).

If I use a meta analyzer, the title seems to be set properly, but G+ and Facebook aren't pulling the title (just pulling website title, not thread title)

In regards to description, the meta analyzer can't find any description at all (yes, this is set properly in Google SEO plugin)

What am I doing wrong/How can I get this working properly?

(2015-03-29, 01:43 AM)emily008 Wrote: [ -> ]Any one has a video of how to install Google SEO Plugin?

123456 I NEED THIS 
^ detailed guidance available at Google SEO wiki

see also youtube MyBB SEO (they can help though they were made for earlier versions of MyBB)

if you need direct help then you may PM me with the details
Hi bro,

how can i add number after forum and topics?

as like;

forum = mybb-f1
topic = mybb-t1.html