MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i Forgot enable it thx
Does Google SEO 1.6.0 generates meta description and tags same with this plugin > http://community.mybb.com/thread-38126-p...#pid254975 ?
Yes, except Google SEO Meta doesn't generate a keyword tag as it's not used by Google and other search engines.
So, better not use that plugin ?
Useless already?
But I cannot see a meta description generated?
Without using labrocas plugin, Only google seo 1.6.0
I cannot see a meta description in the source page, example here http://www.nadlerzforum.com/thread-new-m...1#pid42031
(2011-08-10, 01:23 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-10, 12:41 PM)Br33zer Wrote: [ -> ]I have not changed the previous .htaccess, and I don't see any problem.

Then most likely you don't have a problem.

Google SEO 1.6.0 tells you to add a RewriteBase if it's missing, because on several hosts, rewrite rules don't work without RewriteBase. Other than that, as long as your URL style does not change (and the recommended / standard style is still the same), you can use the same rewrite rules as before.

I forgot to add. I had indeed added RewriteBase in the old .htaccess after updating to 1.6.0

And, yes the URLS remain the same like before after updating as below:

Thread: example.com/Thread-my-title-234

So everything is fine, I reckon.

One more thing. For multi-pages, when I click page 2 of a thread, I get the url as: example.com/Thread-my-title-234?page=2

And when I click page 1, I get this: example.com/Thread-my-title-234?google_seo_redirect=debug

What could be wrong? When someone click page 1 the url should be example.com/Thread-my-title-234. I reckon even example.com/Thread-my-title-234?page=1 is also not proper as it creates duplicate of original url.

Same error on last pages Sad
@Nadlerz,
Your page source is incredibly hard to read, tons of JavaScript dumped in there. I see the canonical added, but not the description. What did you set your description length to (default 200)? The page 6 of that thread also doesn't load for me for some reason.

(2011-08-10, 02:20 PM)Br33zer Wrote: [ -> ]And when I click page 1, I get this: example.com/Thread-my-title-234?google_seo_redirect=debug

What could be wrong? When someone click page 1 the url should be example.com/Thread-my-title-234. I reckon even example.com/Thread-my-title-234?page=1 is also not proper as it creates duplicate of original url.

Nothing wrong with it, really. MyBB creates multipage links as threadurl?page=1. I can do nothing about MyBB adding the page=1 and because as you say it'd be a duplicate, Google SEO Redirect does redirect it to threadurl without ?page=1.

As for the google_seo_redirect=debug, if you have redirect debug enabled (only ever useful if you see infinite redirect loops), for admins Google SEO Redirect appends that parameter whenever it makes a redirect so it will know it's a loop the next time around.
That is my problem, some of the pages won't load.
Example is this page > http://www.nadlerzforum.com/thread-new-m...ead?page=6
and other http://www.nadlerzforum.com/thread-updat...bt?page=17
and so many a=other,
What is causing this problem?

How to manually add the description variable "description" ?

Description length to is set to default 200

* Under Use MyBB's Cache system for SEO URLs
I have this values= 15,index.php,portal.php

Why is 15 default value?
@frostschutz

You are so right. First you gave us this wonderful plugin and still I bug you with questions, I am sorry Big Grin

The debug was for Admins only. I had checked it on nadelrz's forum and on my forum again Toungue

Thanks again Smile
(2011-08-10, 02:35 PM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]What is causing this problem?

No idea, doesn't happen for me. Are you sure this is because of Google SEO? Does it work when you deactivate the plugin?

Quote:* Under Use MyBB's Cache system for SEO URLs
I have this values= 15,index.php,portal.php

Why is 15 default value?

It means 15 minutes. If the cache is older than that, the cache will be refreshed. I probably should've made the refresh time a separate setting instead of making it part of that list...