MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks for info can you tell me where in wordpress I add that code?

(2012-11-15, 11:42 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. If it's wordpress interfering you'll have to add a RewriteCond to Wordpress that makes it ignore your forum folder.

Something like
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/forum/
before wordpress RewriteRules.

Of course, should Wordpress actually produce any URLs that start with /forum/, they would not work anymore then. If WordPress wants to own an entire directory for itself, you'll have to move the forum to a subdomain instead. But it'll probably be okay - unlike a Wiki where anyone can edit, you usually have more control, with a WordPress blog.
Hey, great work on this but I'm having some issues.

First, it seems SEO URLs do not redirect properly. When I apply the changes to the core files and try to click on for example the Welcome forum, it takes me to Forum-Welcome which 404s. Your troubleshooting section says that's because the rewrite rules in .htaccess do not work, and I have no idea how to make them work. It's probably because my forum is in /forum and not in the root.

This is my .htaccess as is:
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /forum/

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://failsquad.co.za/forum/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
#ErrorDocument 404 /forum/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

Second, the sitemaps seem to go to the wrong place, probably also caused by not having the forum in the root. If I go to /sitemap-index.xml it loads it correctly but none of the sitemaps with in it correctly point to the root, instead they all point to /forum/sitemap-whatever.xml.

Any ideas?
There is no issue with the forum not being in the root, but the plugin expects you to work with /forum/.htaccess then, not /.htaccess. So you can't have your forum in /forum/ but the sitemap and forum URLs in /.
Okay that makes sense. Can I have a .htaccess in /forum/ as well as in /?

EDIT: Did it anyway and it works now, thanks so much! Smile
please help me

I want to post the latest thread like this site including rating also...
http://www.dotnetobject.com/
How can I do this, I have already installed a plugin but its not looking good..

I want to show my latest thread block like the above site....
How can I do this...??
Google SEO 1.6.4 changes:

- possible SQL error with the sitemap (no injection/security issue)
- various issues when not using rewrites for the sitemap
- plugin status htaccess warning now detects surplus characters as being wrong, such as "RewriteBase /mybb/" when it should be "RewriteBase /"
- requires PluginLibrary 11 due to some bugs fixed in PluginLibrary in the meantime
- removed the donate button
Yes Smile

See the documentation on updating.
hey I'm having an issue with installing the Google SEO plugin. I kind of have a deadline.

I have wordpress installed on same domain. Can I hire one of you guys to install google SEO plugin and tell me what the issue is and exactly how you fixed it.

frostschutz pointed me in the right direction but I'm not sure where to put the code he mentioned or if that is my entire problem. I don't have much time at moment to figure it out and need to launch my forum.

anyone up for a little paypal?
Sure, PM me... but it's not hard to do yourself, just put a rewritecond before the rewriterule used by wordpress, and you can probably find more detailed tutorials with Google
Hello.

I've reviewed the documentation and I'm unclear as to whether this plugin will create (by default) a custom 404 Error page or if that is an option that must be put into action somehow.

I'd like to create an attractive and useful 404 Error page if possible, can you point me in the right direction (either in the documentation or elsewhere)?

Thanks