MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-21, 09:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]LightbulbLightbulb

Thanks . I got it.
i have a google searching problem.
before installing google seo, on google search my forum threads link look like this www.mysite.com/showthread......
but after installing google seo it looks like this www.mysite.com.cp-27.webhostbox.net/showthread.php?....i want to show like http://mysite.com/Thread-What-is-this?pid=1 or www.mysite.com/showthread......
please help...
(2013-10-20, 12:39 PM)Learning Wrote: [ -> ]As it says, add to your .htaccess file the code showing up in the ACP. Then the ACP message you are getting should go away and hopefully things be fine...

Thank you very much Learning! You have been very kind.
I copied and pasted from Plugins of ACP only the options from Sitemap to Events, and now I haven't old warning, seems all ok.
Maybe it was in Italian? (Events - Eventi, Annunci - Announcements ecc) :/

Anyway I hope not to have again the mistake, thank you very much
Just upgraded to 1.6.6. Thanks frostschutz.
frostschutz,

how can I minimize the 'add to .htaccess' stuff on the config plugins page?

my rewrites are in the apache config so it's not necessary for me to see those messages.
You don't really need to minimise the message since you probably won't be visiting the config-plugins module that often.

Anyway here's what to do:
./inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php
Comment out lines 61 - 68. This will suppress all of the messages that the plugin will output.
    /*
    // Provide some additional status information, if the plugin is enabled.
    if(google_seo_plugin_is_installed() &&
       is_array($plugins_cache) &&
       is_array($plugins_cache['active']) &&
       $plugins_cache['active']['google_seo'])
    {
        $info['description'] = $info['description'].google_seo_plugin_status();
    }
    */
(2013-10-17, 07:44 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-17, 07:29 PM)supermanbb Wrote: [ -> ]The sitemap does not generate dynamically for me. In a matter of fact it didn't generate at all.

How so? If sitemap is enabled there should be a link to it on the plugin status (click Sitemap in the line where it says that sitemap is enabled). What happens when you follow that link? If you're looking for a file - there won't be one. Same way individual threads don't have files.

Hello and thank you for answering. I am dispatched to this website: http://www.sitemaps.org/

I might be a beginner but I thought that Google SEO will create an .xml file that I can submit to Google from time to time. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it correct when sending me there?
If you end up on sitemaps.org, you're clicking the wrong link. Go to your plugins page, there it should show "Sitemap is enabled" (if you actually did enabled it) and the Sitemap link should go to your forum / sitemap-index.xml or some such (depending on your settings).
(2013-10-26, 08:51 PM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-20, 12:39 PM)Learning Wrote: [ -> ]As it says, add to your .htaccess file the code showing up in the ACP. Then the ACP message you are getting should go away and hopefully things be fine...

Thank you very much Learning! You have been very kind.
I copied and pasted from Plugins of ACP only the options from Sitemap to Events, and now I haven't old warning, seems all ok.
Maybe it was in Italian? (Events - Eventi, Annunci - Announcements ecc) :/

Anyway I hope not to have again the mistake, thank you very much

Doesn't work, I have often error when I try to enter in a forum and also when I click on message in search result Sad

In ACP is all ok, no errors.

If I delete plugin, all links will be broke?
Quick question. Does this mod make thread titles an .html file? Like "this-is-my-subject.html" If it doesnt can someone point me to a mod that has this feature? Huh