MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not by default, but you can set it to add .html at the end, if you must... it's really not necessary.
Ok thanks, I'll install it and try it out.
plugin page in ACP becomes blank after upgrading Google SEO 1.6.5 to 1.6.6, so i reverted back to 1.6.5
Fresh install mybb 1.6.11 with theme Apart Leaf.

I installed Google SEO 1.6.6

Works fine. Just wanted to point out that I had no .htaccess file anywhere I could find, soo I just renamed the htaccess.txt that came with the mybb to .htaccess

Then I inserted the Google SEO code at the top. Of course, before I added the Google SEO code to the .htaccess I was getting 404 errors on the links.

At first, I went ahead and ran the site with BOTH the Google SEO code at the top, with the EXISTING mybb code at the bottom. The site worked, no 404 errors, but moving from link to link was monstrous slow.

Then I deleted all the existing mybb code from the .htaccess file and now link navigation fast. I assume the two parallel codes were somehow working against each other, or duplicating efforts.

I am just wondering, of the existing code (below) do I need ANY of it, or leave only the Google SEO code in the .htaccess? Thanks.

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>
^ @ mdawg, see .htaccess file example here --> htaccess.example.txt
Thanks .m., used that code at your suggestion, still works fine.

How do I make URLs that are posted within a post to reflect "External Link Titles" is there a mod for that? (To retrieve the page titles of external URLs)

I found it
http://mods.mybb.com/view/url-titles

When I am using this Google SEO mod, should I also in my control panel / settings / Server and Optimization Options
also activate Yes the "Enable search engine friendly URLs in Archive?" or leave it at No?

Also, do I need a tag/cloud generator or will this Google SEO suffice?
I have a problem with the way this plugin converts certain characters. Particularly, because "&" is converted to its url friendly variant, it breaks some forum URLs that take extra arguments. For example, the sort link on the "forum display" page that allows user to sort threads based on their post time is broken. I am talking about the "asc"/"desc" link which is shown in the header of "last post" column on the forum display page.
Is there any workaround for this problem?
Make sure the htaccess file is named ".htaccess" (note the dot at the beginning) NOT "htaccess.txt" * and that it includes the following line:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

The setting in the Google-SEO group for the site map needs to be set to yes.

* For an example see https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Goog...xample.txt
when i want to access a category on my forum cannot found. Is there any way to optimize the use of google SEO because the forum has grown too much too soon.

Some changes on these settings?

Query Limit
Evaluation Mode
Use MyBB's Cache system for SEO URLs
(2013-11-26, 12:02 AM)babak Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with the way this plugin converts certain characters. Particularly, because "&" is converted to its url friendly variant, it breaks some forum URLs that take extra arguments. For example, the sort link on the "forum display" page that allows user to sort threads based on their post time is broken. I am talking about the "asc"/"desc" link which is shown in the header of "last post" column on the forum display page.
Is there any workaround for this problem?

I did a bit more digging and found that the rewrite module of nginx (which I use as my web server) escapes certain characters in the url and "&" is one of them. It won't escape it when it appears after "?" in the url and knows that it is an argument separator, but when there is not "?" in the url, it escapes it.
When google SEO plugin is used, "?" does not appear in the url and therefore nginx escapes all the "&" in the url which breaks some links in the forum.

I have not yet found any solution to the problem yet. If anyone knows one, please let me know.