MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-31, 04:16 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You either did the wrong edits, or edited the wrong file.

hey, maybe this has sth to do with your plugin, Im not sure, but I hope you can help me Wink

The name in the tab isn't correct anymore. When I enter an empty subforum, the tab doesnt say "name of subforum" but it shows my forum url.

And when I enter a subforum with threads, it shows the name of the latest thread, and again not the name of the subforum as it should be :/

Here are some screenshots:

[attachment=30765] [attachment=30766]

What do I have to change? Thanks for your help Smile
(2013-12-31, 03:06 PM)Gobee129 Wrote: [ -> ]the htaccess add doesnt work for me...

(2013-12-05, 04:04 PM)phamduy4587 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello support team,

My forum is www.forum.giasuphamduy.com
I've just installed google seo and faced with the problem that the SEO URLs appear but give you errors like thread not found, thread does not exist.

I read the material troubleshooting: If the SEO URLs appear but give you errors like thread not found, thread does not exist, etc., then your Rewrite Rules do not work for some reason. Check that you have edited the .htaccess (not htaccess.txt!) correctly. Some hosts need a RewriteBase, others do not. If you are using a custom SEO URL Scheme, make sure this scheme does not have any conflicts.

- > I didn't use custom SEO URL Scheme, i left it as default.

Could you please give some help?
Thank you very much.

P/S: below is the information on plugin status
Quote: Add to .htaccess:

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.forum.giasuphamduy.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
Redirect is enabled and URL is passive. Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB's default URLs.
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Apply changes to core files.

I pressed "Apply" to apply changes to core files and the problem of the SEO URLs appear but not found occurred.
Then I reverted it, but the last not found URLs now still being not found. Others are okay.

i have the exact same problem. I am sure I edited the htaccess correctly, he still says "add (...) to htaccess"

did u manage to solve the problem???

thx

I have the same problem
I am having some issues here and I don't know why, none of my links are working when I click view profile or view forum or view topic none of those are working at all

I am hosting my own website and have apache webserver and what not installed on CentOS, here is my .httaccess file, I do not get any error's on the admin plugin page for this plugin either so I'm stumped on why it's not working Apache version 2.2.15 and I do not have a domain name yet, I'm running of ip for my address

apache is set to point at a certain folder for my web root which I already configured so I assume I only need / and not a /www/public/ cause when I type in the address it goes to the right directory and I can't access my website via ip + www/public/ it wont work only the ip to the site will work

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
        # Turn off mod_security filtering.
        SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
        SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts need a RewriteBase specification.
        RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
        # Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
        RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://71.229.225.16/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO 404:
        ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Default MyBB Rewrite Rules:
        RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
        RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
                SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
        </IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

thank you so much guys

I thought it may had something to do with other mods so I did a fresh install and only added the plugin library and google seo to no avail, admincp still says I'm okay but i get can't find page when viewing forum or topic
If the plugin status is showing that everything is okay (i.e. you put the .htaccess file in the correct location) then it's your webserver which doesn't have mod_rewrite enabled.
Alright I didn't know I had to restart Apache after editing the line, it works now finally yay, the line for it was commented out in my config file for apache but now it's all working and in good shape, I thought it may have been an ip error or something, thank you so much for the help that I did get
frostschutz ,

Just sent you a PM, hope you like it!

I have a question, the titles of additional pages of a thread (e.g. 2, 3, etc) have the same title as the first (main page), causing duplicate titles. I have noticed you insert the "?page=" code into the URL for each additional code but what about the title of the page?

Is there any reason for this or would you consider adding a "Page X" to the title of additional pages of a thread?

I have another question but I'd rather ask this first as it could be a good addition to the plugin.

Cheers
It's described in the documentation. ( https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Goog...ead-titles )
(2014-01-07, 04:12 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It's described in the documentation. ( https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Goog...ead-titles )

Thanks. I remember going through the documentation when I was installing the plugin the first time, but I was too busy trying to ensure everything was installed fine LOL I should have seen that, damn. I am not too keen in changing titles as, from my experience, rankings drop only to rank back after about 10 days or so, although this experience of mine is with Wordpress articles and changing keywords.

If I insert the variable into my forum's templates, am I right assuming that the URL structure will remain exactly as it were since the URLs do contain "Page X" already for the additional pages?

Also, when I update MyBB core for future updates and for your future plugin's updates, will I have to insert that variable again into the templates or will it stay put?

Thanks!
It will stay put for as long as that particular template isn't updated.

I doubt that adding a page number to the title would have any negative effect on your rankings.
frostschutz,

Any chance you could include an option to nofollow external links in the next update of the plugin? Many of the solutions on the forum are outdated or, in my case, break my forum. Just include an option in one of the settings to nofollow all external links in the post bit? This would give your plugin even more SEO oomph.

Looking forward to what you have to say.

Thanks