MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi please could you help me? I have renamed one of my boards and now I can access it it returns 404. I have optimized URL but nothing.

Forum-WebmasterWorld -> forumdisplay.php?fid=191

False alarm it had nothing to do with the plugin. For some reason when gzip compression is enabled (.htaccess) and you change the board title the URL remains accessible. To fix it have to disable gzip access the forum, enable gzip and then it works. Could be a BUG.
So with the new Pigeon update to Google's algorithms things have changed again for staying ahead of the SEO curve. But about this plugin, would be nice if more features were implemented like Yoast's CMS plugin and at the least more options for markup were included for proper video seo and news seo. Thoughts?
Where exactly in the .htaccess file do I put this?

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://generalizedboards.net/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
^ you can put it at the beginning of the .htaccess file
Will you be updating this plugin for 1.8?
This version doesnot work for 1.8 , I think need to be updated very soon.
Yes...needs update!
It should mostly work if you just change the compatibility line. If you find something that doesn't work, please report it.

There will be a proper update at some later point in time - I'm currently busy with getting the theme updated for my own board, and it's taking time because I just suck at theming. Wink
Can you update fast this important plugin?
(2014-09-05, 11:06 PM)Kowak Wrote: [ -> ]Can you update fast this important plugin?

Just change the compatibility line to "18*"