MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I prefer 2) as it redirects any wrong host to the correct one... the others only work for specific variants.

Google SEO doesn't care about these rewrites, however it does indeed not recognize rewritecond / rewriterule in lower case as it expects RewriteRule only.
I ended up using this code:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^nadlerzforum\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.nadlerzforum.com/$1 [R=301,L]

But still, I have this Notifications in Google SEO plugin:

Add to .htaccess:
# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.nadlerzforum.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

This is my htacces whole code:

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^nadlerzforum\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.nadlerzforum.com/$1 [R=301,L]

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
    RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
   # Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
   RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.nadlerzforum.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
   ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
   RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
   RewriteRule ^forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
   RewriteRule ^thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
   RewriteRule ^announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
   RewriteRule ^member-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
   RewriteRule ^calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
   RewriteRule ^event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Default MyBB Rewrite Rules:

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

What is the problem their?
Well the first Google SEO rule is a redirect rule as well, and Google SEO expects it to come first - you can either ignore the warning or just put the other redirect rule below the first Google SEO rule...
Thanks for the answer frostschutz..
Even if I'm already half banned here Sad
More power to you, waiting for the next release for this plugin..
Bug Report:
You can no more edit events with this plugin (I'm using version 1.6.1)
Not sure why it doesnt appear on my plugin. I did everything was told 'How to install'

I upload inc folder to my root and change my root htaccess to the one recommended . And there is no google seo to activate or install.

using 1.6.4
(2011-10-16, 05:23 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Bug Report:
You can no more edit events with this plugin (I'm using version 1.6.1)

works fine for me

(2011-10-21, 02:24 AM)ngky7 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why it doesnt appear on my plugin. I did everything was told 'How to install'

I upload inc folder to my root and change my root htaccess to the one recommended . And there is no google seo to activate or install.

using 1.6.4

is your forum in the root of your domain or in a subfolder? if subfolder, you need to upload the /inc folder to that subfolder (and remove it other one you uploaded)
I managed to find out that we have to upload the functions.php

I did it. I installed PluginLibrary 4 before installing google seo. But right now when i click install it doesnt work. both for PluginLibrary and google seo. it will not activate
After 5mins, I saw the plugin was installed. What is going on? Cache problem? or mybb problem? It seems buggy? Now it is working. Thanks. But after i refresh the page for plugin, i see activate and install again.
pluginlibrary does not "install" it just sits there waiting to be used. its not really a plugin, just setup like on so you know you have it.

you dont need to upload functions.php. you need to click the link in the link in teh Google SEO description on the Plugins page for it to automatically update in the existing functions.php file.
Is there a way to modify the url per forum basis? I have a forum which I don't want to use the same cute url like the others.