MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plugin library link is invalid what to do now?
Hi,

Is there any chance to stop thread prefixes add to Google SEO URL ? Please let me know, this is very important with me because my forum update thread prefixes for user's thread every time they ordering a service.

Thanks.
Yes, there's a setting for thread prefixes in the Google SEO URL settings. If you leave it empty the prefix will not be included.
(2012-09-30, 06:55 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there's a setting for thread prefixes in the Google SEO URL settings. If you leave it empty the prefix will not be included.

I see and leave it blank, thanks you Smile Anyway, could I need to edit anything in .htaccess ?
I install google seo in mybb forum and works great but when i select any forum from forum jump menu, they give an 404 not found error. Forum jump menu still goes to old forum url like

http://talkinforum.com/forum-11.html

and my real forum url is

http://talkinforum.com/Forum-Talk-About-...sting.html

Please help me to solve

I am only getting error in forum jump menu. All other urls is working fine. Thanks for the great Plugins frostschutz
The forum jump menu builds forum links with IDs only. That's just how it works. So it has to rely on Google SEO Redirect to go to the new forum URL. So the real problem is Redirect not working in your case.

And it doesn't work because you have a conflict in URL schemes. You changed Google SEO to forum-name.html, and MyBB is set to use Search Engine Friendly URLs forum-id.html, and the .htaccess rewrite rules can not distinguish forum-name.html and forum-id.html.

forum-11.html in your case could either be a forum with ID 11, or a forum with name 11.

As a workaround, disable MyBB's search engine friendly URL setting, so it will use forumdisplay.php?fid=11 instead. However this won't fix redirects for MyBB's SEF URLs if you used those before installing Google SEO.

If you only just installed Google SEO, and you have no links to Forum-Talk.html etc., change the Google SEO URL schemes back to the default that does not conflict, i.e. without .html and remove the Google SEO .html rewrite rules from your .htaccess. This will break the forum-name.html URLs but it'll fix everything else.
Thank you frostschutz

frostschutz your plugin is great and love to use in my forum. I understand the problem that this is not your plugin problem and i have to change google seo to default.
Not changed yet but i will change it soon.

Thanks
This is a wonderful plugin! However I do have a few questions:
How can I change what the 404 page says and has on it? I've looked through the AdminCP area and that didn't have it, and I also looked in the .php page and couldn't find where it was being specifically called from/at.
The 404 page uses the regular error template. For something entirely custom, you'd have to define a different 404 page in .htaccess. The message shown by Google SEO itself can be changed in the Google SEO language file.