MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not possible to still be logged in after clearing your cookies, it's the cookie that allows you to login, if it's been cleared, it couldn't log you in. It sounds like the cookies weren't cleared properly, if it's still logging you in, the cookie is still there.
When I went to delete it, I go under Control Panel->Network And Internet->Delete Browsing and Cookie History->then I checked Cookies, temporary files, and history.
Well, trust me, it's not being deleted if it logs you in automatically still. It cannot log you in automatically if there is no cookie. Try another browser and see if it works then.
It works in Chrome. I wonder why it won't in IE, since that's my primary browser.
I installed on my lan to http://servername/mybb, relying on my internal DNS to route the servername to the correct internal IP address. This is a Win2008 server running Apache 2.2 & PHP 5.3.2.

Using both IE8 and Firefox 3, I had the same issue of trying to login would say successful but return me to the un-logged in home screen, Admin CP would require a login after every click, and if I did login through the Admin login, I could not logout.

My Cookie Domain was .servername and Path was /mybb/

I tried clearing cookies, deleting the inc/settings.php file, and the other suggestions, but same problems still there.

With Firefox, after I set both Cookies Domain and Path to be blank, it started working.

With IE, still didn't work even after clearing cookies and verifying the folder that holds them was empty. Truned out that I had another program open that is based in IE. That apparently was holding the the bad settings in IE memory, even though the cookies had been cleared. After closing that other IE-based program, mybb started to work properly.

Now will have to wait and see if this stays true.
I can't stay logged into ACP - how do I open and edit .inc/settings.php ??

Thanks!
(2011-03-02, 10:19 AM)nikky1 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't stay logged into ACP - how do I open and edit .inc/settings.php ??

Thanks!

You already have a thread, keep this there.
What's your URL...?? We can't help with anything that's wrong with Facebook Connect not working, but if the page is refreshing randomly on it's own, you must have non-default code somewhere, it can't do that by default.
If it's only happening to you then it must be something to do with your computer or something... what's the URL you're on when it refreshes??
this dont work i tried everything.