MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, can you get for me the code for full quick login WITH remeber me check button, please ?
Ok i managed to read all of the 8 pages
I have a problem Wich is with the cookies for sure but i couldn't solve it no matter what i tried
My forum Address is araku.cz.cc/forum
i don't have any problems with login/logout but there is a very bad problem wich has forced me to close the board a few times
Anywhere around the globe the forum works fine but in my university when you click logout it logs you out and just randomly logs one of the users in
i have guest privilige on all computers and this problem happens on all of them
I guessed the cookies may have been stored on the computers and i don't know how but somehow been shared on the whole university network even
so i changed the Cookie Prefix to something random so the old cookies won't work but the problem still stands
Any Ideas?
And sorry for bad english
If it's logging you in as somebody else like that it's a problem with your network that we can't do anything about. A few other people have had that happen, but it only happens on shared networks like schools/universities.
isn't there a way so the old cookies won't work anymore?
i'll ask and recommend anyone not to check the remember me checkbox
but it can't be like this
isn't there a way so the cookies are valid for an hour at max
a lot of sites have that option
or how come the change of the prefix didn't solve it?
The prefix enables you to have two forums on the same site, it won't stop something like this. Everybody's cookies would then have the same prefix, so it wouldn't be any different.

When you log out, it completely removes the cookie you were using.

my_unsetcookie("mybbuser");
my_unsetcookie("sid");

If it somehow then gets someone else's cookie from somewhere, having it expire sooner won't make a difference, you might logout and it'll pick up another cookie that hasn't expired yet. If it's picking up another cookie, there must be an issue with how the network is setup somehow. The cookie is stored in the browser, once you logout it's deleted, so it must be getting another one from somewhere else.
I have always been lucky
So it's some problem that i'll have to access university's server to solve it
one more question why isn't it happening with other mybb forums on other domains on the same network?
O.K., I copied into notepad everything you guys said to do to get the admin cp working.
I then went to File mgr on my host, (GoDaddy), there is no folder called ./inc/settings.php to reconfigure cookies to the setting you said they should be
(
Your cookie domain

is

a.arabiansinsport.or

g but should be

.arabiansinsport.org
Your cookie path is

http://arabiansinspo

rt.org/Forum/ but

should be /Forum/ )

my url is: www.arabiansinsport.org (Go Daddy also messed this up a long time ago, so the sub domain is :www.iasa.arabiansinsport.org)

I am feeling like a complete idiot here, and gettingno where. I have read everything in the help articles. Still having problems , I am nw afraid to touch a thing in the Go Daddy file manager for fear of doing the wrong thing. They are no help on this one at all.) Sorry to be so much trouble.
There will be an inc folder, your forum wouldn't be working without it, settings.php is in here. If you can't see it, you're looking in the wrong place. You may access your main site with iasa.arabiansinsport.org but your forum is at just arabiansinsport.org so that's what you'll need to configure the settings for.
Found it, and repaired that part, now to figure out the rest. Thanks so much!
You also need to change your Board URL to http://arabiansinsport.org/Forum as that's currently blank for some reason.