MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ cookie path should be /forum-2/ only
thanks for the thread
I think it would be necessary to update the first post to include a section for issues concerning multiple installations on the same host.

The cookie domains MUST match the subdomain from which the forum is running. So you cannot have one MyBB forum's cookie domain set as: ".example.com" without other MyBB forum's running into the issue where it seems like the forum forgot you logged in a few seconds ago.
The cookie domains must look like something kin to this:
For the first installation: .forum.example.com
For the second installation: .mb.example.com
(forum and mb are examples, of course).

I have not tested multiple MyBB folder installs. (example.com/forum/ and example.com/mb/)
Setting different cookie prefixes can also combat that problem.
Hi,

I am new to this forum and could do with some help regarding the login/logout feature.

It keeps me logged in until I clear the cache but when running the demo from this site it appears to work fine.

Not sure if its a permissions issue or what.

My forum is located at www.Calabay-Parc-At-Tower-Lake.com/Owners/Forum/index.php

Thanks and regards.
I can't get it to work. My domain is hallowedgaming.com but in order to acces the forum from public_html I created a redirect (when you access hallowedgaming.com it will redirect you to hallowedgaming.com/forum) because I don't know how to set up when I access hallowedgaming.com to access directly the forum...

I changed the settings are shown on the main post but I can't get it to work. I don't know if it's because of my redirect url because I put the settings correctly and tried many variations but I couldn't succeed.

No user can login to my forum and I was also trying to implement My Facebook Connect but I think it doesn't work because of those cookies...

How can I solve this?
Very useful topic thanks Matt.

Do you think I will have to change something if I decide to run my forum on a sub-domain?
People will normally get this error when changing hosts or changing their domain name.
(2014-05-01, 04:09 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Very useful topic thanks Matt.

Do you think I will have to change something if I decide to run my forum on a sub-domain?

You shouldn't have to, though you can if you want.
Thanks yo very much! What seems to be causing so many people heaving problems with cookies? For the last 30 days it was crazy and keep going!