MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm having log issues.
My members can't logout unless they clear their cookies, but once they do they cant log in, myself included.

I've run though every step in the first post, cleared the cookies on 3 browsers and downloaded a fourth to try fresh.

my cookie domain and paths match, my CHMOD is set to 666 and i've even tied a week old version of my settings.php but none of it has fixed my problem.

My url is http://speakeasyclinic.net/

Is there an obvious step i'm missing? Or a not so obvious step?
Please try to add a cookie prefix, that should work (I hope)

Greetings,
I have been running a bulletin board for several months with no problems at all until just recently. For some odd reason my administrator account password is not being accepted by MyBB. The problem exists regardless of where I attempt to log into the server from. When I offer my user name and password I am told that I am now logged in, but then when I attempt to click on anything inside the admin CP I am re challenged for the password. I am not sure if my board has been hacked, but there does not seem to be any defacing happening. It looks like I am simply locked out and my board is broken. I have read this entire thread but I don't think the fixes listed here apply to my problem. If I am wrong I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as the board I operate is part of a small business which is quite important to me Smile

Many thanks for all your help

(2011-12-14, 04:46 PM)Epyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having log issues.
My members can't logout unless they clear their cookies, but once they do they cant log in, myself included.

I've run though every step in the first post, cleared the cookies on 3 browsers and downloaded a fourth to try fresh.

my cookie domain and paths match, my CHMOD is set to 666 and i've even tied a week old version of my settings.php but none of it has fixed my problem.

Lose the trailing slash from the cookie domain.

(2011-12-14, 05:40 PM)amobius Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,
I have been running a bulletin board for several months with no problems at all until just recently. For some odd reason my administrator account password is not being accepted by MyBB. The problem exists regardless of where I attempt to log into the server from. When I offer my user name and password I am told that I am now logged in, but then when I attempt to click on anything inside the admin CP I am re challenged for the password. I am not sure if my board has been hacked, but there does not seem to be any defacing happening. It looks like I am simply locked out and my board is broken. I have read this entire thread but I don't think the fixes listed here apply to my problem. If I am wrong I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as the board I operate is part of a small business which is quite important to me Smile

Many thanks for all your help

As it says in the first post, there is literally nothing we can do for you if you don't tell us your URL.
(2011-12-14, 08:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-14, 04:46 PM)Epyk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having log issues.

Lose the trailing slash from the cookie domain.

Iv'e done this and cleared my browsers but the source always shows the slash
Edit it in settings.php, then in the ACP, and it won't.
Installed mybbs, but having problems with logging in to the admin panel.
I go the the forum (http://www.amable.be/forum/), login as admin, works fine. The I go the Control Panel, I need to login again, works fine... I get the home screen of the CP. Then I click on whatever link, I get the login screen again! And from this point on I cannot login anymore..
Tried to delete cookies..; checked tables and settings.php for cookie settings.
I have these settings:
Cookie Domain: .amable.be
Cookie Path: /forum/

What else can be wrong?
Test account details??
(2011-12-15, 08:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Edit it in settings.php, then in the ACP, and it won't.

I'm a friend of Epyk's trying to help work with this problem.

The settings.php file is the only way we can change this(locked out of the ACP), and every time we do it gets overwritten immediately. I've tried editing it server-side with putty/pico, and I've tried editing it locally and over-riding the file. We've also tried deleting the settings file and replacing it.

A couple details I think are worth mentioning:
-The forum has been active for a few months now, this problem popped up out of nowhere
-None of the php files were manually edited since several weeks before this happened
-I'm really not sure why the trailing slash would matter, as speakeasyclinic.net// is(was, the site is currently down) a valid URL
(2011-12-17, 01:03 AM)Chewy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-15, 08:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Edit it in settings.php, then in the ACP, and it won't.

I'm a friend of Epyk's trying to help work with this problem.

The settings.php file is the only way we can change this(locked out of the ACP), and every time we do it gets overwritten immediately. I've tried editing it server-side with putty/pico, and I've tried editing it locally and over-riding the file. We've also tried deleting the settings file and replacing it.

A couple details I think are worth mentioning:
-The forum has been active for a few months now, this problem popped up out of nowhere
-None of the php files were manually edited since several weeks before this happened
-I'm really not sure why the trailing slash would matter, as speakeasyclinic.net// is(was, the site is currently down) a valid URL
When you edited the settings.php file(Add a cookie prefix), log into the admin control panel imminently, then go to configuration> Board Configuration and change it there, then save. That should work. I would also suggest adding a cookie prefix.