MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had some problems staying logged in on Lynx browser, but eventually got it working fine. My solution was different than what the first post explained though...

Eventually what got me working was just leaving the Cookie Domain completely blank. Once I did that, I was able to stay logged in on Lynx browser. (all other browsers were fine, and still are)

I'm guessing maybe a part of the reason mine was different is because I have my .htaccess redirecting my home URL to the Portal page of my forum. That's my only guess as to why my solution may have been different...

Is there any reason I should NOT consider this my solution? Is there a negative aspect to leaving the Cookie Domain blank?
hey guys and gals,

I just got myBB and have been working the design of it and got everything just the way I like it but I seem to have one problem. When I type

www.dayzpriv.com/forums/admin

I get brought to the admin log in screen but when I put in my username and password all it does is delete the name and password and hang there. Nothing happens at all. It looks like its trying to redirect down in the bottom left of my screen to a website but nothing actually ever comes of it. I have read through tons of forums on how to edit the cookie settings, CHMOD lvls and checking multiple browsers. The problem still is there and I can't seem to get it working. If anyone could please help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.
I believe that your Cookie Path is wrong. Follow the first post instructions and put /forums/ as your cookie path.

In the settings.php you must change this to:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".dayzpriv.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = ""; 

And like the first post says, after you have that in your settings.php, you must go to Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration and make the change there too.

Cookie Domain: .dayzpriv.com
Cookie Path: /forums/

It's everything in the first post. Wink
(2013-01-09, 05:22 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that your Cookie Path is wrong. Follow the first post instructions and put /forums/ as your cookie path.

In the settings.php you must change this to:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".dayzpriv.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";

And like the first post says, after you have that in your settings.php, you must go to Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration and make the change there too.

Cookie Domain: .dayzpriv.com
Cookie Path: /forums/

It's everything in the first post. Wink

I went to my cpanel and file manage and edited the ./inc/settings file and changed everything to be exactly as you have shown. Also, I have made sure the CHMOD is at 666 also tried 644 and that is the issue is I can't get into my Admin CP as when I go to log into it it simply just stalls out at the login screen. You enter in your Username and password and hit login and it acts as if it would work but does nothing. No redirect no nothing. Please Help!
Delete settings.php and edit its matching values in the mybb_settings table in your database. MyBB will generate a new one based on it.
TIP: When you change cookies settings, dont forget to delete browser cookies else you may not see changes in effect.
Dear Members,
i have one problem...
I have mybb v1.6.9
but when upgraded i have loging problem...
My site add is
http://allfrendz4m.frogcp.com
from your main page of details are really deep...
But my settings.php file is ok everything is right but i have login problem i cant be login on my forum ....!
Any solutiom...?
The first post should explain all...
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".allfrendz4m.frogcp.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
Should be in ./inc/settings.php
Then delete any browser cookies you might already have
Then login and change the settings Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration
Yes my settings.php all settings should be right....
But i cant been login in forum and login for much time in Admin CP!
Any Solution?
Have you deleted previous cookies?