MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've followed the steps to fix the issue where I can't login, and it just takes me back to the homepage, like mgoetze's issue, but I can't seem to fix it. URL is http://www.forums.rserver.co.uk/index.php
^ basically your forum's cookie domain needs to be .rserver.co.uk and cookie path should be /forums/

first you can change the settings in ~/inc/settings.php file
and log into forum admin panel & immediately change the cookie settings at site details (configuration >> settings)

if above suggestion doesn't help then you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & files (FTP)
you can give your own login details & change them later
Hello,
My URL is

forum.cwgpilotsupportgroup.com

Upon logging into the Control Panel any action I take takes me out.

I have gone into the FTP but don't know where to change the cookie settings. There is one subdirectory "inc". Is this it? The extension it gives me is /forum/inc

I understand from having read the above that:

the cookie domain should be forum.cwgpilotsupportgroup.com
and that the cookie path should be :/ Is this correct?

I don't see anything that resembles ./inc/settings.php in the FTP

Please help. Thanks.
^ inc is subfolder of forum on your files server. so settings.php file exists in ~/forum/inc/

basically cookie domain should be .cwgpilotsupportgroup.com and cookie path should be /forum/

if it is confusing for you then you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & files (FTP)
you can give your own credentials and change them later
Hi,

the url of my site is www.vlaamshobbybrouwforum.be

Just moved from php 3.1.2 to MyBB 1.8.3.

However, a lot of members cannot login on the forum. I did check the cookie path, it is as it should be. I also advised those members to clear their cookies and try another browser. When I hijack their login, everithing runs just smooth but when they try again, they do not succeed.

Strange detail is that myself and some other members have no problem logging in.

Who can help me?

Thanks.
^ @HerrUU try using latest loginconvert plugin

if it doesn't help you may have to experiment with board url setting at the site details of admin panel
if board url includes www then try removing it & check logins
if www is not included in the board url then try adding it & check logins
Ok, I tried the latest plugin but it did not solve the problem.

My website has two urls. One with www and one without. My cookie settings are for .vlaamshobbybrouwforum.be which is the correct directory for my forum.

But there's more. Apparently I'm the only one who can login on the forum using a PC. Every other member that succeeds in logging in on the form does this via Tapatalk.

Is there any other possible cause of this problem beside the cookies?
Hello,
I just installed the latest version of MyBB (1.8.4) and am experiencing Login and Logout issues.

I have read the 1st post to the last and tried several times to fix this but to now solution.

I have tried the following;

I have cleared by browser cookies,
Set the permissions to inc/setting.php to 666,
I have deleted the settings.php file and cleared browser cookies,
I have deleted the entire forum, database and installed fresh,
I have requested a new password,
I have created a new user and password.

The forum is in a subdirectory called forum (ejuicesolutions.com/forum).

Viewing the page source I see the following

var cookieDomain = ".ejuicesolutions.com";
var cookiePath = "/forum/";
var cookiePrefix = "";

I do not use the "www" part of the url. And I am hosted by Godaddy,
I am using Chrome (latest),
I do not have a .htaccess file.
I am using the default theme.

The issues I have are;

Log out - Once logged out, The forum still shows that I am logged in. I refresh the page and it continues to say that I am logged in.

Have I missed anything? Why still the issues?

EDIT
IE9 works just fine.
Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 m works just fine.
Godaddy's caching is what was throwing me off. Delay in my changes and having to refresh to see them.

EDIT 3-13-15
The .htaccess is also the culprit. The browser caching was another issue. I disabled all browser caching for now until I can find a solution.
Hello,

I have a similar issue, my cookie settings seem ok, everything is working correctly on browsers, but on an iphone, I have to hit refresh after a login in order for the login to be taken into account.
If I don't hit refresh, it seems I am not logged in.
Also, it is not possible to logout, even by hitting refresh.

Here is the url :
http://oxygen.nebuleus.com

Thanks for any help ! Smile
Does this issue happen using the default MyBB theme ?