MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-03-10, 07:17 PM)Jakehas Wrote: [ -> ]illusionroleplay.net is my new paid domain with a new host.
exploringgames.comli.com is my old domain with a different host.
My story of the problem is loacted Here.

Change cookie domain to .illusionroleplay.net
Path is fine.
(2012-03-12, 12:51 AM)Jakehas Wrote: [ -> ]Which is why I posted here. Because that didn't work and apparently, there's many more problems than I thought. Here's the update.
Now my site at exploringgames.comli.com unabels me from both logging out, nor logging in. When I got to my admincp and try clicking on anything within it, it brings me to the admincp login page, and keeps me there no matter how many times I successfully login.
At illusionroleplay.net, there is now no theme for some reason, I cannot login there as well.
I have tried changing the cookiedomain to what it should be, even the URL if needed. Nothing that I have read or have been suggested to, works... I just can't seem to figure out the problem on my own or with people at this point. If I could get someone to help me that knows what is wrong, please, tell me.

I looked at the source of illusionroleplay. Its cookie domain was incorrect. That is one thing.
And how may that be, it is .illusionroleplay.net for the cookiedomain.
I see this code in your page:
var cookieDomain = ".exploringgames.comli.com"
Well this is what I see in the database of illusionroleplay.net
.illusionroleplay.net
You also need to update the ./inc/settings.php file as it says in the first post.
Do you think it would work, if I just removed the entire database (in firezilla) and put in the new version of MyBB? But keep the themes/plugins to put back?
(2012-03-13, 09:45 AM)Jakehas Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think it would work, if I just removed the entire database (in firezilla) and put in the new version of MyBB? But keep the themes/plugins to put back?

Removing the whole database will not help.

Just change the cookie domain in ./inc/settings.php.

Alternatively deleting settings.php should force a regeneration from values in the database, so that may be another option.
I am such an idiot, never thought of that, thank you so much it worked!