MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-07-12, 12:06 PM)blizzardofozz Wrote: [ -> ]I think I did everything as descriped in the beginning but the login is not working well for FF5, Opera and Chrome, everything working fine with IE9 and Safari though.

The forum is on addon domain if this matters. The problem is that after the redirection it shows that I’m not logged in. After clicking the link to the index page it shows that I’m logged in but then I cannot logout.

Any suggestions?

Settings are just like I checked in http://www.dennistt.net.

I have tested this on other computers and the same problem exists.

When in localhost it works with FF5 so the problem is with cookies path I guess.

Regards.

Clear all your cookies and cache in firefox, opera and chrome and check if the problem still exists.

(2011-07-13, 06:13 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-12, 12:06 PM)blizzardofozz Wrote: [ -> ]I think I did everything as descriped in the beginning but the login is not working well for FF5, Opera and Chrome, everything working fine with IE9 and Safari though.

The forum is on addon domain if this matters. The problem is that after the redirection it shows that I’m not logged in. After clicking the link to the index page it shows that I’m logged in but then I cannot logout.

Any suggestions?

Settings are just like I checked in http://www.dennistt.net.

I have tested this on other computers and the same problem exists.

When in localhost it works with FF5 so the problem is with cookies path I guess.

Regards.

Clear all your cookies and cache in firefox, opera and chrome and check if the problem still exists.

But I did this a lot of times. And as a said before - I tried to login from other computers.

Same thing.

The forum is at http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com/
You've set a cookie prefix which probably isn't necessary, remove that and try again.
(2011-07-13, 06:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've set a cookie prefix which probably isn't necessary, remove that and try again.

Thank you for your support Matt.

I don’t think this was the problem since I removed the prefix but the problem stays…

Could it be the redirection in .htaccess or something else, do you want to make your admin account to look the configuration?
Or better to make new clean installation?

What I did is I deleted all files from the server and the database then I installed myBB again. This time there is no redirections in .htaccess.

Every time I clear cache and cookies.

The problem is still there. It works in IE but not in FF. BTW the admin login is fine in both just the front end login has this problem.

Is it possible something to be done? I’m on a time schedule.

Thank you in advance.
I’m sorry if I’m bothering you with this.

This is what I figure out: I think this is an .htaccess redirect + addon domain issue.

When I put myBB .htaccess file not only in to the addon domain folder but in to the public (root domain) folder also, the login is working fine in every browser.

But I don’t think this is a good solution. Could you please suggest the right solution?

Thanks.
Sorry for the delayed replies here, the thread wasn't showing up as unread as I'd left it opened in a tab D:

Have you modified anything in the .htaccess?? As there shouldn't be anything wrong with setting it up as an addon domain, lots of other people do that with no problems.
(2011-07-17, 11:47 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the delayed replies here, the thread wasn't showing up as unread as I'd left it opened in a tab D:

Have you modified anything in the .htaccess?? As there shouldn't be anything wrong with setting it up as an addon domain, lots of other people do that with no problems.

When .htaccess in root is:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.shautsova.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.shautsova.com/$1 [L,R=301]
ErrorDocument 404 /errorPage.html
ErrorDocument 500 /errorPage.html
ErrorDocument 403 /errorPage.html
# 1 YEAR
<FilesMatch "\.(ico|pdf|flv)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=29030400, public"
</FilesMatch>
# 1 WEEK
<FilesMatch "\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|swf)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=6004800, public"
</FilesMatch>
# 2 DAYS
<FilesMatch "\.(xml|txt|css|js)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=172800, proxy-revalidate"
</FilesMatch>
# 1 MIN
<FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|php)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=60, private, proxy-revalidate"
</FilesMatch>

And mybb .htacces is uploaded in the addon domain folder untouched as it is from the zip file - I have the problem.

When I upload the myBB .htaccess into root domain folder the login works fine.

The only thing I modify is adding:
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.russianspeakinglawyer.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www. russianspeakinglawyer.com/$1 [L,R=301]

But even when I don’t modify your .htacces the problem is there.

I still say its a problem with your cache/cookies on your system.

I just signed up for an account and I could login/logout perfectly from chrome/firefox and IE
(2011-07-18, 06:52 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]I still say its a problem with your cache/cookies on your system.

I just signed up for an account and I could login/logout perfectly from chrome/firefox and IE

But this is was I said.
It works now because I put myBB .htaccess file into the root domain directory not only in addon domain directory where the myBB forum is.
Yes it works now – I know but I don’t think this is the best solution. If it is OK this way, please tell me.

It’s not a cache/cookies problem – I clear them every time, I taste it on other computers. If you want me to I’ll remove your .htaccess file from the root domain folder to check it again.

OK guys I isolated this in cache control section in the root .htaccess file:
1 MIN
<FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|php)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=60, private, proxy-revalidate"
</FilesMatch>

as a cause of the problem. If I remove .php files from this rule the forum in the addon domain folder works fine.

Some conflict I guess?

Can you tell how I can keep the .php files in <FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|php)$"> and this don’t corrupt your .htaccess file in the addon domain folder?