MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ,

I recently (a week back) downloaded and installed the latest version of myBB . I am facing the similar Login/Logout problem with my installation.

The problem is
I have to click refresh after logging in to be able to see the logged in screen..
After I have logged in, it fails to log out even after repeated clicks/refresh.

I am facing similar problems while changing board settings.Once I change the board settings , i have to click refresh again to be able to see the change.

I have tried all the above in this thread, but it somehow doesnt work.

The url to my board is http://goo.gl/wtWvTf

Would be great if you can help as I want to have a myBB board because of its integrator class
(2014-05-11, 08:36 AM)shktndn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ,

I recently (a week back) downloaded and installed the latest version of myBB . I am facing the similar Login/Logout problem with my installation.

The problem is
I have to click refresh after logging in to be able to see the logged in screen..

I am facing similar problems while changing board settings.Once I change the board settings , i have to click refresh again to be able to see the change.

Would be great if you can help as I want to have a myBB board because of its integrator class

Should be the same case. Open up ftp and look in inc/settings.php

Make sure this is:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".forum.jee-mentor.in";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Hope this helps.
(2014-05-11, 11:11 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is

Make sure this is:

Hope this helps.

Did that. Still facing the same problem.

(2014-05-14, 01:37 PM)shktndn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-11, 11:11 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is

Make sure this is:

Hope this helps.

Did that. Still facing the same problem.

Solved the problem ! Thanks to a post by scoopyscoop. The problem was in the .htaccess file

I had the following

# BEGIN EXPIRES
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 days"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/plain "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>
# END EXPIRES

Had to remove the ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 days" ... now it works smoothly...

I tried installing all the other forums.., only myBB gets issue withe the above..
Please any one who can help mw with this i would be appreciative , im getting the issue where i cant log in to admin panel , and when eventually it does log me into it it kicks me back to the log in screen when i press on anything (eg , press configuration)
ive taken the steps correctly on page 1 , ive tried EVERYTHING multiple, multiple times with no successs, tried on different browsers as well , IE, Chrome, firefox and still not working.
I can not sign into the forum but members seem to be able to , i can not even register a new account as it stays on a white screen
here is my forum :

http://theeditorscorner.com/forum/

please can some one help , thank you people.
randomly started having this problem in Chrome only, and deleted cookies, but later on realized it asks you from "how long ago." Be sure you tell Chrome far enough back that it will delete the right cookies.
I have tried all that..and I don't really get the board URL part though ._.

Here is the URL.
http://onepieceforum.net/index.php

Testaccount:
Username :Testaccount
password:testaccount
Can you help me please ._.
(2014-06-09, 04:37 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried all that..and I don't really get the board URL part though ._.

Here is the URL.
http://onepieceforum.net/index.php

Testaccount:
Username :Testaccount
password:testaccount
Can you help me please ._.

I have no issues when logging in. I login and can browse the forum - my session isn't lost. Perhaps you could try clearing your cookies to see if that helps. As for your board URL you've got it configured correctly so leave it be for now. Wink
(2014-06-09, 09:15 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I have no issues when logging in. I login and can browse the forum - my session isn't lost. Perhaps you could try clearing your cookies to see if that helps. As for your board URL you've got it configured correctly so leave it be for now. Wink

That problem arises when I am trying to donate my newpoints.Anyway it's solved now ^^

Thanks for your time ^^
Just finished a fresh install of 1.6.13 onto my local machine for testing. When I login as admin, the page that tells me I successfully logged in appears and I'm then redirected back to the home back to log back in again.

I left the cookiedomain blank and my cookiepath ="/CARIS Forums/" which is correct also. Tried deleting all browser data (in Chrome) and also deleted the settings.php file to regenerate. Nothing has worked so far.

Don't have an URL to give you as it is on my local machine.

What else should I try?

Thanks
Try using a path without a space (you'll have to change the directory name as well).