MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using mybb version 1.6.9

I have one user that is not able to sign in on PC (Chrome) or his phone, or tablet. I dont have problems signing in and to my knowledge no other users do.

I have checked all the cookie settings set out by the "cookie generator" and everything is correct.

Is there any explanation why this one user might be having problems signing in? Also I was the one that set up his account originally as he couldnt sign up for some reason.

He says he has no problems with any other sites/forums, it is only this one he cant access. I have reset his password and checked/double checked he is entering the right username and password details. I have tried his user/password from my end and signed in without a problem.

To summarise....

1. All cookie settings are set to what "cookie generator" says.
2. User can not sign in to the site on PC, laptop, phone or tablet
3. User has no problems on any other site
4. User has cookies set to enabled

Any suggestions?

Just found out the user is getting the error of......

no match for email and password

I have checked and double checked what he is entering and it all seems to be fine. I have had him try with username AND email address but still nothing. I made sure the capital letters are in the right places etc.

He is 100% a registered (activated) user on the forum as I created the account originally myself as he was unable to sign up.

Has anyone got any idea why else this error might be showing up?

Anyone???
The URL I am writing about is ijustmetu.com
I have the home page set to the forum page in my WP dashboard.
I have configured the settings.php code, and then regenerated it.
I have tried to save my settings to:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".domain.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

and

$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

It doesn't even save the changes. It just loops over and over back to the login.

I have no idea what "Also make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666" means.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Any ideas please?? I have done everything I can think of. I have followed the instructions on the first page, I have all the settings correct. It only seems to be this one user having problems. I have got him to check his cookie settings. He says he can use other forums without any problem. Can some please explain a possible reason why my copy of MYBB wont let him sign on?
(2013-03-17, 07:58 PM)Japparts Wrote: [ -> ]I am using mybb version 1.6.9

I have one user that is not able to sign in on PC (Chrome) or his phone, or tablet. I dont have problems signing in and to my knowledge no other users do.

I have checked all the cookie settings set out by the "cookie generator" and everything is correct.

Is there any explanation why this one user might be having problems signing in? Also I was the one that set up his account originally as he couldnt sign up for some reason.

He says he has no problems with any other sites/forums, it is only this one he cant access. I have reset his password and checked/double checked he is entering the right username and password details. I have tried his user/password from my end and signed in without a problem.

To summarise....

Any suggestions?

I have checked and double checked what he is entering and it all seems to be fine. I have had him try with username AND email address but still nothing. I made sure the capital letters are in the right places etc.

He is 100% a registered (activated) user on the forum as I created the account originally myself as he was unable to sign up.

Anyone???
(2013-03-18, 12:44 PM)Japparts Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas please?? I have done everything I can think of. I have followed the instructions on the first page, I have all the settings correct. It only seems to be this one user having problems. I have got him to check his cookie settings. He says he can use other forums without any problem. Can some please explain a possible reason why my copy of MYBB wont let him sign on?

(2008-12-17, 07:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you are still having trouble, please tell us your URL. If you still have a problem but only say 'I still have a problem' but give no URL, we cannot help you in any way at all.

(2013-03-18, 11:45 AM)Elaine Griffin Wrote: [ -> ]The URL I am writing about is ijustmetu.com

and

It doesn't even save the changes. It just loops over and over back to the login.

Looking at your site I think this is what your settings should be.
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".ijustmetu.com";

http://docs.mybb.com/Chmod.html
(2013-03-18, 04:03 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-17, 07:58 PM)Japparts Wrote: [ -> ]I am using mybb version 1.6.9

To summarise....

Any suggestions?

Anyone???
(2013-03-18, 12:44 PM)Japparts Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas please?? I have done everything I can think of. I have followed the instructions on the first page, I have all the settings correct. It only seems to be this one user having problems. I have got him to check his cookie settings. He says he can use other forums without any problem. Can some please explain a possible reason why my copy of MYBB wont let him sign on?

(2008-12-17, 07:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you are still having trouble, please tell us your URL. If you still have a problem but only say 'I still have a problem' but give no URL, we cannot help you in any way at all.

(2013-03-18, 11:45 AM)Elaine Griffin Wrote: [ -> ]The URL I am writing about is ijustmetu.com

and

Looking at your site I think this is what your settings should be.
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".ijustmetu.com";

http://docs.mybb.com/Chmod.html
Thank you for this. I had forgotten how to change permissions in FTP. I've only done it a couple of times.
Unfortunately, I have done everything listed - cleared history and cache, changed the file, changed the permissions, and attempted to change the information in the dashboard. It seems like it just keeps cycling over and over back to the login, and nothing ever saves.
As a review, the site is http://www.ijustmetu.com.
Thanks again!
Is there anyone who can shed any more light on why the changes are not being saved inside the dashboard and I am always prompted to log back in? The site is ijustmetu.com, and the post above has further explanation. I have no idea what else to do!
(2013-03-21, 05:23 PM)Elaine Griffin Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyone who can shed any more light on why the changes are not being saved inside the dashboard and I am always prompted to log back in? The site is ijustmetu.com, and the post above has further explanation. I have no idea what else to do!

It is because your cookie settings are wrong.

Can you send the cookie settings from the inc/settings.php page?

One more thing, try to visit http://WWW.Yourdomain.com/admin rather than http://Yourdomain.com/admin & then login and see if it works Big Grin
I've been working on this for the past 5 hours and my brain is fried. So let me explain what's going on and hopefully someone can help me out. I have a website with it's own login system (http://www.stoacademy.com) and I've just set up MyBB under the subdomain http://forum.stoacademy.com.

I'm trying to integrate the two login systems so that when someone logs in with my website's form it automatically logs them into the mybb forum as well. I'm using the MyBB Integrator class for this.

I've been researching, and testing, and playing around for the past 5 hours with no solution Here are my cookie settings.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".stoacademy.com";

Files are located at:

public_html/forums/
public_html/accounts/login.php
public_html/class.MyBBIntegrator.php

For those who want to test it out, I set up an account that you can log into the site with. Username: logintest Password: 123456

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
You might just want to use MyBB to make your website.
Integration over subdomains could be tricky to do and as you have spent 5 hours on it already you might want to hire someone good with that sort of thing or give up.
As I said using MyBB to build your website will be easier than integrating your website with MyBB.
(2013-03-22, 07:43 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You might just want to use MyBB to make your website.
Integration over subdomains could be tricky to do and as you have spent 5 hours on it already you might want to hire someone good with that sort of thing or give up.
As I said using MyBB to build your website will be easier than integrating your website with MyBB.

I designed my website 3 years ago and it's been around ever since, there is no way I can build it around MyBB. I don't need to hire anyone nor do I need to give up. What I need is information on how to get this working.

I had phpBB as my forum for nearly 2 years and the integration as I described worked perfectly with it. The only reason I switched to myBB is because I prefer the interface and template editor.

If you have information how I can do integration over subdomains then please provide, no matter how "tricky" it is. Frankly I could just a hidden iframe and jquery to log into the forum at the same time, but I'd rather do it correctly.