MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The cookie settings are fine for what you seem to want to be doing.
Either your website or MyBB needs to loose its user table. To login to both there will need to be one universal table for users, or you make a clever system that updates both tables with the right information, but you can only select the information from one. Your password hashing would need to be the same. MyBB uses MD5 and a salt.

As I said using MyBB as the base it wouldn't take long to redesign your site. I appreciate you don't want to redesign your site, I know I wouldn't want to. But depending how complicated it is, it could be easier to adapt your site to use MyBB than the other way around.
If you know a way to do what you want with iframes then use that as long as it works for you.
(2013-03-22, 08:27 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]The cookie settings are fine for what you seem to want to be doing.
Either your website or MyBB needs to loose its user table. To login to both there will need to be one universal table for users, or you make a clever system that updates both tables with the right information, but you can only select the information from one. Your password hashing would need to be the same. MyBB uses MD5 and a salt.

As I said using MyBB as the base it wouldn't take long to redesign your site. I appreciate you don't want to redesign your site, I know I wouldn't want to. But depending how complicated it is, it could be easier to adapt your site to use MyBB than the other way around.
If you know a way to do what you want with iframes then use that as long as it works for you.

Neither one needs to lose it's user table. As I said, I had this working with phpBB so I know it can be done. Using the MyBB Integrator (http://phpdave.com/MyBBIntegrator) I could easily login a user, update that user's data, logout the user, etc. It's simply one line of code by calling the correct functions.

I prefer not to use a hidden iframe, but if I have to I will. If someone else has other thoughts or knows of a way I can get this to work correctly please let me know.
I didn't think I said you needed to drop a user table. I was just saying that you could remove one and keep the other or update both and choose which one to select from.

I guess I'm not the person you want to talk to. As this isn't very much a cookie issue, you could do better making a new thread in Thrid Party Intergration.
(2013-03-22, 08:42 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think I said you needed to drop a user table. I was just saying that you could remove one and keep the other or update both and choose which one to select from.

I guess I'm not the person you want to talk to. As this isn't very much a cookie issue, you could do better making a new thread in Thrid Party Intergration.

Thanks I'll ask in there. I'm glad to hear it isn't a cookie issue.
<removed>
I can't login to ACP. I have just installed script and have not even modified cookies. I could login first but after sometime when I tried to login it showed me an error "Your IP address is not valid for this session" with same login form below it. I logged in and entered ACP>home but when I tried to enter any other section it redirected me to the ACT login page I filled username and password and logged in but it again displayed same page. After clearing cookies now I can't even login.
(2013-04-02, 06:25 PM)DarkNinja Wrote: [ -> ]I can't login to ACP. I have just installed script and have not even modified cookies. I could login first but after sometime when I tried to login it showed me an error "Your IP address is not valid for this session" with same login form below it. I logged in and entered ACP>home but when I tried to enter any other section it redirected me to the ACT login page I filled username and password and logged in but it again displayed same page. After clearing cookies now I can't even login.

(2008-12-17, 07:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you are still having trouble, please tell us your URL. If you still have a problem but only say 'I still have a problem' but give no URL, we cannot help you in any way at all.
Can't login have checked cookies & they are right. What should i do i am the admin and i cant login lol.

Here is the forum: cricketlife.net
(2013-04-02, 07:45 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-02, 06:25 PM)DarkNinja Wrote: [ -> ]I can't login to ACP. I have just installed script and have not even modified cookies. I could login first but after sometime when I tried to login it showed me an error "Your IP address is not valid for this session" with same login form below it. I logged in and entered ACP>home but when I tried to enter any other section it redirected me to the ACT login page I filled username and password and logged in but it again displayed same page. After clearing cookies now I can't even login.

(2008-12-17, 07:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you are still having trouble, please tell us your URL. If you still have a problem but only say 'I still have a problem' but give no URL, we cannot help you in any way at all.

(2013-04-02, 07:45 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]

My URL is www.codersclub.bugs3.com
Really need help with this please.

Can log into the /admin panel, but when I try click anything within the admin page, i.e. Themes or Configuration, it takes me back to the admin login page but won't accept my details.

I have myBB installed on my mac on MAMP locally to test and configure before I pay for hosting and deploy.

My URL is: http://localhost:8888/myBB/

My current settings in /inc/settings.php:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/mybb/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I tried setting cookie domain to ".localhost" cleared cookies, but cant get it to work..

thanks

(2013-04-11, 12:11 PM)applaps Wrote: [ -> ]Really need help with this please.

Can log into the /admin panel, but when I try click anything within the admin page, i.e. Themes or Configuration, it takes me back to the admin login page but won't accept my details.

I have myBB installed on my mac on MAMP locally to test and configure before I pay for hosting and deploy.

My URL is: http://localhost:8888/myBB/

My current settings in /inc/settings.php:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/mybb/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I tried setting cookie domain to ".localhost" cleared cookies, but cant get it to work..

thanks

Fixed this...

For anyone having a similar issue, cookiedomain as "localhost" does the trick (no preceding full stop).