MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like it's simply caching the page showing you being logged out then... is there really a need to have caching like this?? Having a dynamic site cache for 60 minutes is pretty much pointless and defeats the object of it being dynamic.
(2011-07-18, 08:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it's simply caching the page showing you being logged out then... is there really a need to have caching like this?? Having a dynamic site cache for 60 minutes is pretty much pointless and defeats the object of it being dynamic.

It is 60 seconds caching actually.

Anyway I’ll live it like that. The login works now.

Thank you for your time.
Hello,

Im recently installed MyBB on my domain and Im having the login issue.
I already tryed the steps described in the first post but its not working.

Ill try to give as much info as needed to see if you guys can help me out.

So I work on the army and we have a domain we have servers and etc....
recently my boss tould me if I could get us some kind of community tool so I browsed the internet since I already new of phpbb but I choge MyBB because it seem more user frendly, the plan is to make a forum to be used inside the domain, its not needed to be used outside but its fine if ppl can use it outside.
I had recently installed wamp server on one of our servers in order to create a wikipedia so I used the same machine since the requirements are almost the same.

the server OS is windows server 2003 r2 standard x64 edition.
I didnt uploaded the folders since I have direct access to the server I just pasted them there. the instalation went smooth, created a new database on myphpadmin for the forum and it was done.

I rechecked all the cookies steps, I had my browser with not accepting all cookies I already fixed that part and restart browser but still not working the login.

checked the settings.php file its fine

my URL is: igeoe-san2/forum
this is the code
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".igeoe-san2";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I have some restrictions and its a very secure network since its on army facilitys but I dont think that the firewall or anyother stuff like proxys are on the way here.

my skills on this subject are not very high so maybe Im doing some basic mistaque xD

please help,
thanks

EDIT:

Afther some litle brainstorming analising this topic with a co-worker we figured it out xD

the problem was on the cookie settings as you said, the cookie shoudl be:
my URL is: igeoe-san2/forum
this is the code
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

this done I logged onte the ACP with:

http:\your-domain\your-forum\admin

and changed the cookiedomain and cookie path to the same, it did the work.

thanks anyway

hi again,

new problem =)

afther fixing the cookies settings that are correct like this:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";

afther some time the system auto reset them to the incorrect ones:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".igeoe-san2";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";

anyway idea why? and how can I fix this?
Digging this thread up again.

I moved my boards from www.metaldrift.tv to www.blackjacketstudios.com... which also meant a new host. Everything is working wonderfully except for logging in. It does not store my login information longer than a single click.

My settings in General Configuration are pointing the cookie settings and board URL toward my old domain name. I change them to the correct URL, click save, and it asks me to log in again. I log in, and the settings have not changed.

I have followed all the steps in the OP, including manually editing the settings.php document then immediately editing the same changes into ACP. The CHMOD settings for settings.php is 666.

Not really sure what's up. The board URL is www.blackjacketstudios.com/forum
@darkichiro
Try the following...
1. Delete the settings.php file. No need to worry it'll be regenerated.
2. Now regarding the cookie settings...... MAN USE A COOKIe PReFIX!!, it should help, atleast it helped me.
@Matt Ragowski
I have a script I need to integrate in my forum, the following code fetches the userid from the cookies, but seeing that I use cookie prefixes now, what will be the correct code?
Quote:function getUserID() {
$userid = 0;
if (!empty($_COOKIE['sid'])) {
$sql = ("SELECT ".DB_USERTABLE_USERID." FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."sessions WHERE sid='".mysql_real_escape_string($_COOKIE['sid'])."'");
$query = mysql_query($sql);
$session = mysql_fetch_array($query);
$userid = $session[DB_USERTABLE_USERID];
}
I'm a super moderator on http://kiaforteforum.com/kia-forte-koup-.../index.php and don't have admin rights. For days I haven't been able to login. I keep getting an SQL 1054 error. This is what it says:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='I******k!' LIMIT 1

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

My admin appears to be AWOL because he has not answered my emails. He has a very hands off approach. I've tried both Firefox and IE with the same results. Others appear to be getting logged on. Is this some settings issue that may have been changed with some software updates on my computer, or is this a setting the admin needs to address on MyBB? Thanks.
Not working.

URL: http://friendplug.com/index.php

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".friendplug.com";

EDIT: Managed to fix don't worry.
Hi,
Feeling very sad now,
I was having this problem in starting, but with the Help of Ranjani I fixed it, but yesterday suddenly my forum stopped working at a host, I just moved it to an other hosting {also moved my domain to new hosting}, now it is isn't working fine Sad
Also I am unable to fix cookie problem now as well as an other problem also exists there Sad
If I provide any expert my Admin account as well as my Hosting control, then may he fix {or try to} it for me?
Please....
url: www.apsdadu.co.cc
About Half an hour I had got its backup as I am new in MyBB so I usually need to have.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-101258.html
Hey... I've been trying for a long time and still can't figure it out... I have the latest version of mybb installed and here are my forum info:

Url: www.LegitCoders.com
Cookie Domain: .legitcoders.com
Cookie Path: /
Cookie Prefix:

Anyway, When you login it works fine, same with the admin panel... But once you close your browser it logs you out of both the admin panel and The Forum... It happens to Multiple users, including me (Admin), and multiple Browsers... and the settings aren't set to delete the cookies at the end.... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Big Grin

-Cheers
Are you leaving the 'Remember?' box checked on the front end?? The ACP will log you out anyway after a while.