MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems to be working everytime I click now!

by the way, is there any way to modify your post on registration plug in to only have it post once a new member has actually activated their account?

edit:  nevermind...I've found a way around it so that the plugin is still useful!  
Tikitiki Help me pls i want cash mod on 1.2.1 can you help me ?
SN1P3R Wrote:Tikitiki Help me pls i want cash mod on 1.2.1 can you help me ?

No, its not even my mod.
Hi Tikitiki,

When using the PMA plugin at the bottom of each message there's a portion of a URL linking to the pmadmin.php file. It's causing every message to appear as a link. I'm using version 2.3.1.

Thanks,

Kage_

Quote: I 've been so busy lately!

Thanks!" href="pmadmin.php?adminsid=XXXXXX&id=XX">
Is this the main view, or are you viewing a specific private message? If its in the main view, thats intentional, so you can click on the message and view it in its entirety.
Tikitiki Wrote:Is this the main view, or are you viewing a specific private message? If its in the main view, thats intentional, so you can click on the message and view it in its entirety.

It's in the main view. All of the text in the PM shows up as being linked, but if you click on it nothing happens. The html code I pasted in the previous post shows up at the bottom of every pm.

If I click on the subject in the left colum it will then take me to the full message.

Kage_
I think I just figured it out. I just upgraded our forums to 1.2.1 from 1.1.8. I was using an older version of the plugin and what I'm seeing must be some bit from the old one. I thought I had deactivated and remove the old one, but who knows....

Kage_
paolo90 Wrote:I know that this may be a little out of place, but wouldn't this mod be a turn off to your members? This totally defeats the purpose of the PRIVATE messages. I, as a forum user, wouldn't like my PRIVATE messages to be read by anybody, except who it is directed to. I'm sorry if this post hurts the coder who put his efforts on this mod, but I really have to inform other admins. I just believe that being an admin does not put you in the position to violate someone elses privacy.

I'd just like to advice the admins who still would want to use this to tell his/her users that such mod is installed. You can probably email them all about using this mod, and you could probably put an easily seen notice on the private messenging page.

I'm just concerned on other people's privacy, 'cause forum users might not feel enough privacy with MyBB boards because of this mod. I believe that only MyBB has such a mod. I am speaking here as an admin, and an ordinary forum user, thankyou.

Private Messages aren't really all that private anyway.

An admin could easily just go into the database and take a look at the private messages table.

Just thought I'd point that out. Smile

Oh, and vB has a mod like it as well.
So does phpBB and every other BBS I can name. We have an obligation to protect our users so as administrators, we need to be able to tunnel in should we need to. However, make no mistake, I fully respect and expect privacy so I will never go tunneling into PMs unless we get a complaint. Also, private messages because they occur on OUR server, technically, they're OUR property.
Hey Tikitiki!
I need help with your "Site News" plugin...

I want to get news from the forum separately.

For example,
news.php will be taking news from Forum 1 {tid=1}
news2.php will be taking news from Forum 2 {tid=2}
news3.php will be taking news from Forum 3 {tid=3}

Meaning each newsX.php will be separating the news into categories, instead of mering them all together.

And also...can we have a option to tick which topics to be published instead of all the topcis in that forum? Is that possible?

Can you help me with it? Thank you.