MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2009-01-30, 03:06 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]inc/plugins/

All of them should be here?
All plugins, yes.
(2009-01-30, 03:25 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]All plugins, yes.

What I meant was all the files from the 'akismet_1.2.1' should be there? That is what I did. Also, am I supposed to see something in the 'plugin area' that will prompt me to activiate it?
If you're using the latest version of MyBB, you should have the latest version of Akismet, by the way. Why are you trying to upgrade it?
(2009-01-30, 03:31 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using the latest version of MyBB, you should have the latest version of Akismet, by the way. Why are you trying to upgrade it?

The reason I am trying to upgrade it is because I saw an update to 1.2.1 next to 1.2 in the Akismet area. Checkout my screenshot.

Do I need to do this? Will it make a difference?

Thanks
You probably do as the newer version of the plugin might include some security/bug fixes. Just deactive the old plugin, and upload the new plugin file into inc/plugins - and reactivate it.
(2009-01-30, 03:52 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]You probably do as the newer version of the plugin might include some security/bug fixes. Just deactive the old plugin, and upload the new plugin file into inc/plugins - and reactivate it.

Thanks TomSmile. I think the deactivate/activate thing is probably the culprit.
No problem mateSmile Glad I could help. If you need any help, just post. It could be.
(2009-01-30, 03:52 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]You probably do as the newer version of the plugin might include some security/bug fixes. Just deactive the old plugin, and upload the new plugin file into inc/plugins - and reactivate it.

One more thing, should the red '1.2.1' go away or change to another color when it is properly installed?

I uninstalled 1.2, reinstalled supposedly 1.2.1 and added the Wordpress API key, saved everything and the 1.2.1 in the update area remains red.
(2009-01-30, 04:12 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]

One more thing, should the red '1.2.1' go away or change to another color when it is properly installed?

I uninstalled 1.2, reinstalled supposedly 1.2.1 and added the Wordpress API key, saved everything and the 1.2.1 in the update area remains red.
If you mean on the Plugin Updates section, it should go away.