MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
need help with installation of akismet plugin.. i've done the following steps:
1) Download and extract the attached zip file.
2) Upload the contents of the folder to your MyBB directory
3) Activate the plugin Via the ACP

but the 4rd steps,
4) You will need to input your Wordpress API key in the Akismet Settings before it will work.

- where do i put my API key..?? i dont see any box ask for the API key.. not in the plugin manager area or the Akismet under the Moderation Queue area...where exactly do it?? or is it the installation till the 3rd steps and its done??
In case you miss it, Tiki, I'm having a problem with your updated post on registration for 1.2.7. I've posted screenshots http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid132380
dex Wrote:need help with installation of akismet plugin.. i've done the following steps:
1) Download and extract the attached zip file.
2) Upload the contents of the folder to your MyBB directory
3) Activate the plugin Via the ACP

but the 4rd steps,
4) You will need to input your Wordpress API key in the Akismet Settings before it will work.

- where do i put my API key..?? i dont see any box ask for the API key.. not in the plugin manager area or the Akismet under the Moderation Queue area...where exactly do it?? or is it the installation till the 3rd steps and its done??

The akismnet settings refers to ACP -> Settings -> Akismet

judel Wrote:In case you miss it, Tiki, I'm having a problem with your updated post on registration for 1.2.7. I've posted screenshots http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid132380

i'll look into it
Thanks, I'd appreciate it, especially since I've now upgraded my main forum! Looks bad to have that "never" in the last post column! Toungue

edit: at least doing all the recounts "fixes" it...until the next new post! LOL
I've released an update to Post on Registration (1.1.3) that fixes a small bug with the last post information being missing.
Hi Tiki, what has been changed in your PMA at the mods site? Smile
destroyer Wrote:Hi Tiki, what has been changed in your PMA at the mods site? Smile

Nothing, just fixed a typo in the detailed info
HELP!!!

The Akismet plugin banned myself (I'm the administrator), and it looks that it has banned me permanently. Is their any solution that this can be undone? Don't have any access to the acp anymore.
The Akismet plugin doesn't ban Administrators, moderators, or super moderators by default. If you deliberately removed those in the Akismet settings than why did you do that?
Tikitiki Wrote:The Akismnet plugin doesn't ban Administrators, moderators, or super moderators by default. If you deliberately removed those in the Akismet settings than why did you do that?

By not knowing what I was doing then. Never tought that this could happen. Enfin, do you have an solution to get access again? I have messed around in the database and removed my akismet ban score but still banned.