MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In regard to the "specific forum banning" plugin:

I tried to edit a banned user but this didn't work:

After changing this line
redirect("usercp.php?action=specificbanuser",..........);
to
redirect("modcp.php?action=specificbanuser",.........);
everything was fine. Wink
hi there..
i have installed admin private messages plugin,,
it is activated now
but i m not getting how to use it ?
i mean how to read private messages now ?
Go to the Tools & Maintenance menu in the Admin CP. At the bottom you should see a link for PM Admin (Log)
(2005-11-22, 11:14 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
Ryan G's Mods and Plugins List!

GNU/GPL License

All of my modifications / plugins with the exception of Akismet are distributed under the GNU/GPL license as follows:

Quote:This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

I do ask one thing: Please keep my at minimum name (Ryan Gordon) in the source code credited for the original code.

More Information: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid167570

MyBB 1.4.*:

1 Private Message Admin 2.4.1!
The Plugin "Private Message Admin" allows you to view the private messages on your board intended for moderation purposes.

2 MyBB eCellular
The extension "MyBB eCellular" permits the representation of the forum on WAP able cell phones.

3 Cannot send PM's to Self
Prevents users from sending themselves Private Messages.

4 Show Name MyCode
Replaces the MyCode [name] tag of the user who is viewing the thread. This is replaced by the name of the user, who reads the topic. Thus the address with the user name in contributions is made possible.

5 Post on registration
Allows a "Welcome" thread for newly registered members

6 Glow MyCode
Allows for users to use the [glow] tag to make text appear in a 'glowing' fashion - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

7 Wave MyCode
The Wave BBCode allows you to use the [wave] tag to make text appear in a 'wavey' fashion - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

8 FlipH MyCode
The Flip Horizontal BBCode ([fliph]) can be used to create a 'Horizontal' effect on text - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

9 FlipV MyCode
The Flip Vertical BBCode ([flipv]) can be used to create a 'Vertical' effect on text - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

10 Alpha MyCode (Translucency)
Allows for users to use the [alpha] tag to make text appear translucent - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

11 Blur MyCode
The Blur BBCode Tag ([blur]) can be used to make text appear in a 'blurred' fashion - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

12 Shadow MyCode
The Shadow BBCode ([shadow]) can give the effect of a 'shadow' behind text - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

13 Site News Plugin
Shows news on your site easily with this plugin!

14 Quick Theme
Allows you to quickly and easily change your theme. It will nicely and easily integrate itself to the bottom of every page!

15 Restrict to IP
Allows you to set a range of ips - seperated by commas - that can ONLY access your forum. Everybody else will be denied.

16 Active Users
Shows the number of users who have atleast one post on your forum in the index stats.

17 Akismet
Akismet for MyBB is a plugin built to prevent spam using the Akismet services. (Included in MyBB 1.4 by default)

18 User E-mail Validation
Allows you to specify certain email domains (@yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc) and puts those users in administrator validation. This is helpful for large boards that get many spam registrations.

19 Specific forum banning
Allows you to ban specific users from individual forums. This functionality can be accessed by moderators and admins from the User CP. This plugin can be helpful for large compartmentalized forums.

MyBB 1.2.*:

1 Private Message Admin 2.3.3! (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The Plugin "Private Message Admin" allows you to view the private messages on your board intended for moderation purposes.

2 MyBB eCellular (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The extension "MyBB eCellular" permits the representation of the forum on WAP able cell phones.

3 Cannot send PM's to Self (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Prevents users from sending themselves Private Messages.

4 Show Name MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Replaces the MyCode [name] tag of the user who is viewing the thread. This is replaced by the name of the user, who reads the topic. Thus the address with the user name in contributions is made possible.

5 Post on registration 1.1.3 (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows a "Welcome" thread for newly registered members

6 Private Message Report System
Allows users to report Private Messages to Administrators - Requires Private Message Admin

7 Glow MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows for users to use the [glow] tag to make text appear in a 'glowing' fashion - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

8 Wave MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The Wave BBCode allows you to use the [wave] tag to make text appear in a 'wavey' fashion - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

9 FlipH MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The Flip Horizontal BBCode ([fliph]) can be used to create a 'Horizontal' effect on text - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

10 FlipV MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The Flip Vertical BBCode ([flipv]) can be used to create a 'Vertical' effect on text - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

11 Alpha MyCode (Translucency) (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows for users to use the [alpha] tag to make text appear translucent - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

12 Blur MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The Blur BBCode Tag ([blur]) can be used to make text appear in a 'blurred' fashion - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

13 Shadow MyCode (Click here for 1.4 Version)
The Shadow BBCode ([shadow]) can give the effect of a 'shadow' behind text - Note: This BBCode only works on Internet Explorer

14 Double Post Auto-Merger
If a user makes a double post (one post right after the other in the same thread by the same author) it will merge the two together as if the user had only made 1 post.

15 Site News Plugin (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Shows news on your site easily with this plugin!

16 Quick Theme (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows you to quickly and easily change your theme. It will nicely and easily integrate itself to the bottom of every page!

17 Restrict to IP (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows you to set a range of ips - seperated by commas - that can ONLY access your forum. Everybody else will be denied.

18 Active Users (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Shows the number of users who have atleast one post on your forum in the index stats.

19 Akismet (V 1.1.3) for MyBB 1.2 Series
Akismet for MyBB is a plugin built to prevent spam using the Akismet services.

20 User E-mail Validation (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows you to specify certain email domains (@yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc) and puts those users in administrator validation. This is helpful for large boards that get many spam registrations.

21 Specific forum banning (Click here for 1.4 Version)
Allows you to ban specific users from individual forums. This functionality can be accessed by moderators and admins from the User CP. This plugin can be helpful for large compartmentalized forums.

MyBB 1.1.* (Depreciated):

1 View Own Threads Only
This modification can Allow certain usergroups to view all threads in a specific forum & Disallow members to view threads except their own in a specific forum

2 Quick Edit
This will allow you to quickly edit your posts right on the spot!

3 Attachment Compressor
Compresses your attachments to save space on your server

4 Drop Down Stickies
This file will allow you to add Drop Down stickies to your message

(Note: Other mod authors may updates these mods and release them as their own if they wish)

Ideas:

1 MyBB Patcher
This utility will allow you to apply updates to your forum without touching anything AND you will never loose any modifications you've made to your forum

2 MyBB Manual Code Changes Creator
This utility will automaticly create instructions for manual code changes between two different files. It will then produce a txt file or html file.

3 MyBB Easy Plugin Creator
A comprehensive, but small program for quickly creating your MyBB Plugin

Cheers!

Im going to use the [name] one. GREAT RELEASES!
Hey Ryan, I have downloaded and installed the eCellular. How can I view it like the picture?
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=2939]
bump.
Hi,

after a while I have just tried to use the specific-forum-banning-Plugin for the first time.

However, the users I banned from a specific forum are still able to enter this!

If anyone can help me, that would be great! Thank you!

Edit:
i have changed the following line
if(strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "newthread.php") !== false ||
 strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "newreply.php") !== false)
into
if(strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "newthread.php") !== false ||
 strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "newreply.php") !== false ||
 strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "forumdisplay.php") !== false ||
 strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "showthread.php") !== false)

It seems that this works. At least I hope that this will not disturb another function... Wink
yeah..how exactly does the e-cellular plugin work? does it automatically detect it's a cell phone? if I try to view my forum from my android device, it looks normal to me.
Hi every body
I installed Private Message Admin . But where can I see the messages ? I don't know how I can use this plugin.
thanks
Man this is a great list, very nice job