MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2009-01-30, 03:52 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean on the Plugin Updates section, it should go away.

Ok, that means I have to play around with it some more. Thanks
(2009-01-30, 04:16 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-30, 03:52 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean on the Plugin Updates section, it should go away.

No problem. I'll have to try it on my site and see if it goes away. Ryan might have accidentaly forgot to update the version # in the file.
(2009-01-30, 04:17 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I'll have to try it on my site and see if it goes away. Ryan might have accidentaly forgot to update the version # in the file.

When you try it on your site let me know if it goes away - ThanksSmile.
(2009-01-30, 04:17 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

No problem. I'll have to try it on my site and see if it goes away. Ryan might have accidentaly forgot to update the version # in the file.

Erm - The version number is fine. enlightenme hasn't followed the instructions properly.
(2009-01-30, 05:49 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-30, 04:17 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Erm - The version number is fine. enlightenme hasn't followed the instructions properly.

Hi Ryan,

I think I did install it properly. I am supposed to place the files in inc > plugins, right?

Please let me know what I need to check to make sure it is installed ok.

Also, does the 1.2.1 in red supposed to change to different color or disappear when it is installed?

Thanks
enlightenme, please just follow the instructions provided on the download page: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/akismet-(spam-protection)
(2009-01-30, 11:10 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]enlightenme, please just follow the instructions provided on the download page: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/akismet-(spam-protection)

Ryan, I did and I am still having issues with it.

This step through me off: 2) Upload the contents of the folder to your MyBB directory. Since it did not state specifically where to place the files, then one of the Matts' clarified. Still, it is not working. I placed the files in inc/plugin.

That is why I asked whether or not the 1.2.1 in red is supposed to change when it's installed.

I would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks.
Hey, that's the correct place to place the plugin. click on Plugin Updates to see whether that'll help (I hope you're not reusing a page, refreshing and such xD). If it tells you that the plugin is up to date then all good, but if it tells you otherwise come back. I don't know what you've tried and how, so hand in there if I seem to repeat what your efforts have already tried.
(2008-12-30, 04:21 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-30, 12:57 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to integrate the feature to ban users not only from forums but also from threads? Perhaps this could be a feature for an update of the plugin in the future.

That's actually a pretty good idea and probably not too terribly hard to do.

Ryan, may I ask if you plan to realize an according upgrade of your "Specific forum banning"-plugin?

Thank you in advance!
Probably not any time soon simply because I have too many time constraints.

Sorry,
Ryan