MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ikitikiT,

When using your Akismet spam filter, I noticed a few issues. First, if you report the first post in a thread as spam, the entire thread is marked as spam. Second is that once you have reported the first post, if you try to restore the posts after the first one, it results in a MySQL error (don't remember which one though).

Cheers,
Matt
1) Intended. You can't leave a thread without a first post.
2) What would this error be?
I have installed the "Private Message Admin" mod how do i view the board members PMs?
Admin CP -> and look for "Private Message Admin" under "Statistics and logging".

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Kodaks Wrote:Good idea for a mod, but I believe there are certain laws in the US that say you must tell your users that the private message system may no longer be "private". An update in your site's privacy policy is also mandatory with the installation of this mod.

No laws, ipbfree does it. They have a admin area were you can check all the PMS sent to members and back.
I've updated Quick Theme to allow guests to change themes and everything is now done in the plugin file so there is no need for the other quicktheme.php. Special thanks to Dennis for the guest addition!

See here for the update: http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=335
I've released Akismet 1.0. This update includes a bug fix for selecting inline spam posts in the ACP. I've also included the ability to exclude specific users from the check.

This also marks the first stable release of the Akismet series.

You can find it here: http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=543

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Hey Tikitiki. I encountered this problem with your Akismet 1.0 plugin today on my test board, running the latest 1.27 version.

Depreciated function call: update_thread_count

From marking a thread as spam, this is the error message that shows. However, a quick reentry of the forum's index URL does the trick, you'll be back on your board and the thread will be gone. However, when I try to unmark the thread as spam from the ACP, it again shows this message, but does not unmark anything.

Just thought you'd like to know.
Yeh, I'm going to update it in a moment
Hello,

I've updated the Akismet plugin and the Post on Registration plugin to work with MyBB 1.2.7. You may find them at the mods site or directly through the below links:

- Akismet
- Post on Registration

Cheers,
Tikitiki