MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ryan G's Mods And Plugins - Updated for 1.4!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update

Hello everyone,

I've just finished converting all my mods/plugins to the GNU/GPL license except Akismet, which I will continue to personally update and oversee myself. Everybody else feel free to edit/redistribute all of my other mods/plugins including Private Message Admin. I do ask one thing: Please keep my at minimum name (Tikitiki) in the "Author" plugin column and source code credited for the original code.

I hope everyone enjoys this change for whatever purpose they may have for it; From learning how the code works to rewriting portions of the code and releasing it.

Ryan
Hello,

I'm using an unmodded myBB 1.2.9 and installed quick-theme 1.1 just a few minutes before. The dropdown-box does not show at the bottom unless I activate "Output template start/end comments?" under "board settings".

It does do it even in the default style.

Did you code it that way by intent ?

Have a nice sunday,

Djamil
Its coded like that Wink
	preg_match('#'.preg_quote('<!-- start: footer -->').'#i', $page, $matches);
	if($matches[0])
	{
		$page = str_replace($matches[0], "<br />".$data."\n<!-- start: footer -->", $page);
	}

Could be changed though =P
Yeh I do it that way because every other way is less reliable because otherwise people can change the templates and it may not work anyway. You can change that code Lex- posted in the plugin file to something that's not a template start/end tag
Tikitiki Wrote:Yeh I do it that way because every other way is less reliable because otherwise people can change the templates and it may not work anyway. You can change that code Lex- posted in the plugin file to something that's not a template start/end tag

Done, now it searches for
<div class="bottommenu">
Sorry, this was a very dumb question since I asked it without having a look at the source. On the other side I'd never have asked if that prerequisite would have been stated in the readme - maybe you want to change that for the next release ;-)

I just changed the two instances of <!-- start: footer --> to <!-- quick-theme-placeholder --> and put it into template / location of my choice.

Result: I can put the dropdown anywhere I want to and don't have to leave ""Output template start/end comments" on.

Thanks for this mod!

Djamil
I noticed an issue in the Akismet plugin. When I try to mark a "spam" post as not really being spam, I get this error...

Depreciated function call: update_thread_attachment_count
I'd like to pull information from different forums to different pages with the news site plugin, that is to say:

index.php --> getNews(1);
other_news.php --> getNews(3);

function getNews($id) {
 //stuff that gets the news for me! :D
}

Can you please help me?

Also, if possible can they use different templates?
Can anyone help me? I'm not very familiar with the mybb framework, this should be an easy answer for someone who is.

Edit: solved by removing the database call for a forum ID and passing a global instead.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it seems Akismet isn't working with MyBB 1.2.10? I installed the files the correct way, activated the plugin but there's no settings anywhere in the Admin CP. And the postbit image won't show either.

When I had MyBB 1.2.9 I installed Akismet to see what it was about and it worked. Any ideas anyone?