MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry i wasn't very clear, i meant the image in the ucp is not showing the one included in 1.0.2 for facebook intergration in ucp.
(2013-04-27, 04:50 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i wasn't very clear, i meant the image in the ucp is not showing the one included in 1.0.2 for facebook intergration in ucp.

It seems that you have an old version of the myfbconnect_usercp_menu template. Update it copy&pasting from the one on GitHub Smile

(2013-04-27, 01:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Shade – I'd ask you to please be careful when designing features that will post to the user's FB account. I understand that there is a demand from admins for this, but frankly, a lot of their demands would be considered abusive. It's easy to say that it's up to the admin, but I think they shouldn't be given the power to start spamming people's Timelines.

My two cents. Thanks for your hard work as always.

I though about this aspect and I'm not sure whether if I'm going to actually develop this feature. I'm curious to hear what other members of the community think about this, but I take your point completely.
IMO the only option I think of that could be possibly interesting is the ability to check "Share your new thread on Facebook" or something. But it's not like it's hard to post a link to it on your Timeline or for the admin to put a "Share" button in the showthread in the first place. I can't think of many un-spammy reasons for posting to a user's timeline.
Thanks i did that and now both issues are fixed i shall check the other templates at some point, but all is fixed for now.
perfect

thank u
(2013-04-27, 05:55 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]IMO the only option I think of that could be possibly interesting is the ability to check "Share your new thread on Facebook" or something. But it's not like it's hard to post a link to it on your Timeline or for the admin to put a "Share" button in the showthread in the first place. I can't think of many un-spammy reasons for posting to a user's timeline.

Promoting your Forum through Facebook maybe. What about implementing a limit which would prevent posting to an user's timeline more than once?
actually this plugin will not work if your Control Panel in your host is not Cpanel
i Tested it on my vps which is running Cent Os and has a Zpanel installed and its not working as expected because it says that temp folder is missing
It works on both my two host without cPanel installed (one's running a custom panel, the other one DirectAdmin). So it might be not a Control Panel error (why should a control panel mess up with bunch of PHP files?).

Please post a screenshot of the error you're getting so I can look for a solution.
my host does not run cpanel and works fine on my website, so can't see it being to do with cpanel, more likely your installation.
I love this Plugin! IT FING WORKS!!!
Couple of things:
1) Need a way for an Agree to terms process either before or after facebook sign in (assuming not previously signed in) during facebook registration process. I didn't notice any "you must agree to site terms anywhere". This EULA is crucial for every website service provider.

2) A way to pick a user to be the "MyBB Engine" replacement for giving the password PM.

3) A secure password generation option should be available to give users a strong password at the get go.

Those are my feedbacks and requests for the time being. Waiting to hear your thoughts on them Shade before I attempt to submit ideas on your Github.

GREAT WORK! This has been the best working Facebook integration for MyBB to date, bar none other (I've tried them all).