MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-29, 11:50 PM)inertia0 Wrote: [ -> ]hi shade, nice plugin but i can not get build #2 to work - it keeps giving me the port 443 error even though i have opened it on the server (i manage the server so there is no doubt the port is open)

build #1 works however when i try to register with FB for the first time, it works but will direct me to facebook instead of back to my forum

please advise on how to fix either of these two issues, thanks

try running these commands to see if it fixes the port checker issue for you:

sudo a2enmod ssl
sudo service apache2ctl configtest
sudo service apache2ctl graceful
MyFacebook Connect 2.3 is out

What's new?
This is a maintenance release. It fixes 2 reported issues and introduces 1 new feature.

Changelog
  • Edited the port check functionality with an option to skip the port check and install the plugin even if the port check fails. Admins should be aware that using the plugin without having port 443 open on their servers will NOT harm their boards but it won't actually work.
  • Patched the redirection bug which brought the user to Facebook once they log in for their first time instead of the actual site. This fix should also bring back to the page the user was watching before logging in more precisely compared to the past. (thank you @Ronshaan, @andrewjs18 for spotting this).
  • Added a new bug report manager in the settings panel of the plugin. It will show up just in case the plugin generates an error during its operations. As an admin, you can delete the reports or export them as .xml files: these will contain the full bug report, including the error code, line, file, dateline, message and stack trace. All these informations are aimed to accelerate the debug process when reporting any bugs you encounter with the plugin, and you will be asked to upload the bug report when asking for support.

Where to download?
Download the new files from GitHub or from the Mods Site.

How to upgrade from any older version?
The migration from any older version of the plugin is easy thanks to the dedicated updater included in the package. Just upload the new files to your FTP and run the upgrade script as described in the official documentation.

Donate
MyFacebook Connect is free as in freedom. However, since I am a Medicine and Surgery student and I have to pay avg 2.2k euros per year to study in the local university I am attending, donations via PayPal are much appreciated! I have received as little as 20$ donations for this plugin so far. Help me and I'll help you!
(2015-09-20, 10:33 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]MyFacebook Connect 2.3 is out

What's new?
This is a maintenance release. It fixes 2 reported issues and introduces 1 new feature.

Changelog
  • Edited the port check functionality with an option to skip the port check and install the plugin even if the port check fails. Admins should be aware that using the plugin without having port 443 open on their servers will NOT harm their boards but it won't actually work.
  • Patched the redirection bug which brought the user to Facebook once they log in for their first time instead of the actual site. This fix should also bring back to the page the user was watching before logging in more precisely compared to the past. (thank you @Ronshaan, @andrewjs18 for spotting this).
  • Added a new bug report manager in the settings panel of the plugin. It will show up just in case the plugin generates an error during its operations. As an admin, you can delete the reports or export them as .xml files: these will contain the full bug report, including the error code, line, file, dateline, message and stack trace. All these informations are aimed to accelerate the debug process when reporting any bugs you encounter with the plugin, and you will be asked to upload the bug report when asking for support.

Where to download?
Download the new files from GitHub or from the Mods Site.

How to upgrade from any older version?
The migration from any older version of the plugin is easy thanks to the dedicated updater included in the package. Just upload the new files to your FTP and run the upgrade script as described in the official documentation.

Donate
MyFacebook Connect is free as in freedom. However, since I am a Medicine and Surgery student and I have to pay avg 2.2k euros per year to study in the local university I am attending, donations via PayPal are much appreciated! I have received as little as 20$ donations for this plugin so far. Help me and I'll help you!

Thanks for the update! You still haven't updated the Documentation yet though to reflect the 'current' settings for Apps on Facebook dev. (https://github.com/Shade-/MyFacebook-Con...to-install)

Still having problem but at least it shows now where the problem lies, could you take a look? Thanks!
Can you download one of the two reports and post it as an attachment here? Thank you. Please redownload v2.3 as I forgot to globalize the $lang object and you can't see the buttons to download the reports.
(2015-09-20, 12:20 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Can you download one of the two reports and post it as an attachment here? Thank you. Please redownload v2.3 as I forgot to globalize the $lang object and you can't see the buttons to download the reports.

Hi Shade,
Thanks for looking into this. Here are the reports for the Bug Reports I screenshot earlier. Zipped it since MyBB is throwing error when I'm uploading the xml
Apparently, this looks like a session management error on your server behalf, or the token for whatsoever reason is expired within microseconds instead of one week.

Usually Facebook's SDK handles the access token automatically. This means that when the plugin authenticates an user, the plugin will store in PHP's session the user's token and when it checks back gathering the user's profile informations it takes the token and uses it to perform API calls. If the token is invalid, the call fails and the error you are getting is generated instead.

I will include a new option in 2.4 which will enable long-lived access tokens generation. This means that access tokens generated within the plugin's workflow will last for 90 days instead of 7 days. But that's unlikely to solve your issue, so I might ask you to send me a temporary FTP account to your site so I can investigate further into your problem, which is surely interesting and it happened several times in the past.
(2015-09-20, 02:53 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, this looks like a session management error on your server behalf, or the token for whatsoever reason is expired within microseconds instead of one week.

Usually Facebook's SDK handles the access token automatically. This means that when the plugin authenticates an user, the plugin will store in PHP's session the user's token and when it checks back gathering the user's profile informations it takes the token and uses it to perform API calls. If the token is invalid, the call fails and the error you are getting is generated instead.

I will include a new option in 2.4 which will enable long-lived access tokens generation. This means that access tokens generated within the plugin's workflow will last for 90 days instead of 7 days. But that's unlikely to solve your issue, so I might ask you to send me a temporary FTP account to your site so I can investigate further into your problem, which is surely interesting and it happened several times in the past.

Hmm, so it might be a misconfiguration in the Hosting's part. I might be able to point the concern to them but I have to know what they need to change or something for it to work. Anyways, I'm planning on moving to another host soon so hopefully that doesn't have the problem that my current host does.
a German language file would be perfect

nothing is indicated to synchronize information , then :
Fixed in the latest commit. You can download the file and overwrite the old one.

This fix will be officially included in the next version update, when other bugs will be found and patched. It is already available on GitHub though.

I only write my plugins in English. If you want to translate to other languages, you can submit your translations to the Mods Site page dedicated to MyFacebook Connect. All contributions are appreciated.
you need a verified account to get a facebook app? can anyone help, i dont use facebook