MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyFacebook Connect 1.1.1 is out
What's new?
  • When an already registered user wants to link his Facebook account to his MyBB one, he's inserted in the usergroup chosen in the ACP, if any is provided
  • Fixed a rare SQL error thrown when there weren't any sync option enabled in the ACP (thanks CptChaosNL)
  • Cached a template I've forgot to cache in 1.1
  • Minor improvements in the code
Where to download?
Download the new files from the Mods Site.
How to upgrade from any older version?
Just upload the new files overwriting the old ones and run the upgrade script as described in the official documentation.
Shade, I would like to ask you one simple thing.
If a user registers using Facebook on my site, will it be posted on there wall that the user has just created a new account on the website.
(2013-10-20, 01:25 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]When an already registered user wants to link his Facebook account to his MyBB one, he's inserted in the usergroup chosen in the ACP, if any is provided

can you throw some light on this part.... did i understand this correctly...

for ex. i have a member "abc" currently in a group called "VIP" on my forum. and i have set the usergoup for fb connect as "fb fans".... now, if "abc" links his fb account, he will be moved into "fb fans"... am i right
Sorry I wrote in a hurry. The user is inserted in the specified usergroup using the additional group column, not replacing the actual usergroup he has.

@Sms2luv: no, MyFacebook Connect doesn't feature that thing at the moment.
(2013-10-21, 11:25 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I wrote in a hurry. The user is inserted in the specified usergroup using the additional group column, not replacing the actual usergroup he has.

this seems logical... Smile i was bit surprised by the earlier post Toungue
(2013-10-21, 11:25 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I wrote in a hurry. The user is inserted in the specified usergroup using the additional group column, not replacing the actual usergroup he has.

@Sms2luv: no, MyFacebook Connect doesn't feature that thing at the moment.

Shade, could you add some functionality in the Mod, so that when a user registers, other people would be notified about the registration on Facebook wall, that would indeed boost the website traffic, I guess if we add a request permission from fb, may be it might work.
I had planned to introduce this feature even in its first beta, but dropped it after some users' complaints. The feature could be exploited by certain admins who could write a ridiculous number of posts on someone's wall just to spam his forum, and that wouldn't be fair.

The discussion ended up with a compromise between having the feature implemented and having a sort of imposed limit to avoid this kind of behaviors, but I've never had the chance to get over it (and will not in the near future).
Didn't worked first time on my forum. Going to try again. Maybe now it will work Smile.
Maybe next time ask support here Smile Many users did some mistakes and did not follow carefully the instructions provided in the documentation, and this caused the flow of many easy-to-solve issues.
Well I tryed again and when I test then I can login but when someone other try-s then there come's this error: An unknown error occurred. The output of the error is:
An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
Please report this error to an administrator and try again.

What I need to do?