MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this
An unknown error occurred. The output of the error is:
couldn't connect to host
Please report this error to an administrator and try again.
@Vladut: It could be something related to your server. Either your PHP version is too old or your server doesn't support server-to-server connection properly. In fact the plugin seems to be unable to retrieve the user's data from Facebook.

I have pushed a new commit on GitHub with a fix for this error, but it does nothing than outputting a friendly error instead of a SQL one. It's unlikely that it will solve your problem.

@rafy?: the same for you (but at least you know that Facebook API isn't capable of reaching the host). It could be your problem or Facebook's problem, but it would be temporary for the latter.
so what i need to do?
Sincerely, I don't know. I use Facebook API, but I can't provide support if it doesn't work as I'm not the dev. Also, I can't dig into your host and tell what's wrong from my point of view.
ok..thanks Big Grin
I got everything working with no errors, but the login button does not show on my forums.
I wonder if there is something I must add to the header file or login-form file? Another plugin had something like $fb_login
Is there anything like this I need to know??
Ok solved the issue with the crt file.

Wondering why is it when i post a quick reply and later I quote someone it appears in the same post i quick replied just now and not make a new post? Is this normal?
It's an antiflood protection. MyBB comes with it in its settings, and this community has a 24-hour antiflood protection enabled, so you cannot post twice in the same thread unless someone replies.
(2013-12-04, 12:23 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]It's an antiflood protection. MyBB comes with it in its settings, and this community has a 24-hour antiflood protection enabled, so you cannot post twice in the same thread unless someone replies.

Thank you Shade.

BTW do you know of any themes that will work well with the facebook connect plugin? Cause alot of them that i implement don't seem to have the "Login With Facebook" link next to the register.
Found one theme, Reksio Elegant, that worked well had the facebook login link and everything but the silly java drop down menu box on the top right corner refused to automatically closed when it wasn't being hovered over. I did edit the headerinclude but still no diff.

Hope you can recommend some nice themes, kinda boring using default theme LOL and btw thank you so much for this awesome plugin, works like a charm apart from the crt issue hehe.