MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-20, 08:33 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]MFC does not add any widget that might inject a cookie (which can eventually be used by Facebook to obtain just your forum's URL), so it's perfectly safe to use.

Also, note that Facebook can't set a cookie on a forum member's browser as long as he doesn't visit Facebook. A cookie is domain-dependent and can be accessed just by the domain that set it, so it can't "gather" information from another domain. It can be set by an "image beacon" as he said but it is used to track the user's interests (it can "send" to Facebook just the URL it has been set), and nothing else.

I have used your plugin and it work great with no bugs.

Thank you for your response, and thank you for taking the time to build a fantastic plugin.
iv followed all you instructions down to the word, and it still wont display the login options on my forum http://modedmotors.co.uk could you help with were i might of gone wrong
I can see the button and use it.
iv done all the instruction got it to do the first part of the facebook login then i get a redirect loop error, my link is http://modedmotors.co.uk if you could take a look and help me, Iv double checked all my dev.facebook settings and the board settings,

Thanks

(2014-06-23, 06:47 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the button and use it.

the buttons is there now it was something to do with the lang files not being added properly but its there and works now Big Grin
so it works for other people then, Weired that it wont work for me or is my browser
I wanted to ask if it's possible to include the referral option into the facebook registration, because it seems people who register with fb cannot set someone as their referrer.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET `avatar`='images/avatars/xxx', `avatardimensions`='xxx|xxx', `avatartype`='remote' WHERE uid =

To everyone facing this issue on MyFacebook, MyTwitter and/or MyGoogle+ Connect, it's an incompatibility error with Default Avatar plugin. To solve, edit inc/plugins/default_avatar.php, line 204:

$set_avatar = get_default_avatar_data();

Add above:

if (!$user_info) {
	return;
}

This is a temporary workaround as I will try to fix this directly on my plugins.
Hi all,

Does this work for anyone else? for some reason this isnt working for me. the plugin is activated. take a look here my forum is www.ranteers.com

Thanks
Steve
Read the documentation carefully. The URL you have added to Facebook does not match your actual board's URL. They must match exactly, "www" included.
Quick announcement: MyFacebook Connect, together with the whole My* Connect series, is fully compatible with MyBB 1.8 and won't require a major update. Just some backend things are broken due to the Prototype -> jQuery migration, but they will be fixed with a minor update.