MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting this.... Ive rechecked settings over and over...

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. To use this URL you must enable Web OAuth Login in your App's settings.
Bonjour!

Le compte a été créé et pourtant impossible de se connecter

The account has been created and yet impossible to connect

when fb connect create an account with your facebook you cant use the same password from facebook because the plugin don't get your facebook password it gets only your email and name and sor info when you logged firs time to the board the plugin generate a random password you should remember it or change it
(2015-08-26, 10:13 AM)sc4t Wrote: [ -> ]Bonjour!

Le compte a été créé et pourtant impossible de se connecter

The account has been created and yet impossible to connect

This seems like an issue regarding cookies, as you can't log in normally either. This is not caused by MFC at all. I would suggest to open a new thread in the Support forum and ask MyBB's experts to take a further look on your problem.

(2015-08-26, 02:28 PM)ridharezzag Wrote: [ -> ]when fb connect create an account with your facebook you cant use the same password from facebook because the plugin don't get your facebook password it gets only your email and name and sor info when you logged firs time to the board the plugin generate a random password you should remember it or change it

There is no way you can obtain Facebook's passwords using a third party application, and generally speaking every website that allows third parties to log in with any sort of credentials do not allow these external services to fetch passwords from their databases. That would consist in one of the highest risk security flaw.

MFC gathers the user's email and matches it with existing ones after successfully authenticating the user. This is the best it can do: Twitter users are even more limited, as Twitter does not share even their emails (a random email is generated in MyTwitter Connect to bypass MyBB's validation checks).

A random password is indeed generated (due to the way MyBB works) and you have the chance to send an automatically generated message upon registration, in which you (as an admin) can inform the user about the random password. This is all configurable as you wish according to the official documentation on GitHub (more details are given in the first page). Anyway, it is likely that users won't need that password: if they logged in and registered with Facebook, it means they will likely use the same feature to log in every time they need.
hi shade, nice plugin but i can not get build #2 to work - it keeps giving me the port 443 error even though i have opened it on the server (i manage the server so there is no doubt the port is open)

build #1 works however when i try to register with FB for the first time, it works but will direct me to facebook instead of back to my forum

please advise on how to fix either of these two issues, thanks
You can disable the port check by opening /inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php file, searching for this line and removing/uncommenting it.
(2015-08-30, 07:20 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]You can disable the port check by opening /inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php file, searching for this line and removing/uncommenting it.

Hi Shade, was wondering if you can update the Documentation? There are options that are new and some are gone on Facebook app that your documentation doesn't have. Thanks
Sure thing. I am currently away and cannot access my GitHub, but I will be back next weekend and will update the docs accordingly.
(2015-09-06, 05:52 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Sure thing. I am currently away and cannot access my GitHub, but I will be back next weekend and will update the docs accordingly.

Great, you might need to update the plugin I think since I'm having this problem as well:

An unknown error occurred. The output of the error is:
An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.

Please report this error to an administrator and try again.

There's an extra option in the 'Client OAuth Settings' under the 'Advanced Tab' which is the 'Web OAuth Login', it's default is Off but if you leave it like that it will throw out an error on Facebook that you need to enable it but if you enable that OAuth option then the error above comes in when it gets redirected.

EDIT
Also, if you're using the PHP SDK the current version is 5. Maybe this plugin is using an old SDK?
hi shade, i've gotten #2 to work however it seems that everytime someone registers - after the Facebook authorization and mybb redirects it back to Facebook, not the forum board.

it however works fine for log in, but only does that when registering.

please advise!