MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for your work!
Hi,

In class_facebook.php, line 277 you have

$user_info = $userhandler->insert_user();

$plugins->run_hooks("member_do_register_end");

But inside plugins run from that hook, they cannot access the info in $user_info. They are declared as global, but it just comes up as NULL. From the normal registration process, the $user_info variable is populated with the new user info.

Is this a bug?
Yes, this is definitely a bug. $user_info must be declared in the register() function as well, otherwise it will come up as NULL. Thank you for the report. Would you mind opening a new issue on GitHub? Just to keep issue tracking clean and unified in one single place.

I will wait for other reports/feature requests before updating the plugin. If you want to customize your copy of MFC with a temporary patch, just add $user_info to the globalized list of variables in inc/plugins/MyFacebook Connect/class_facebook.php, line 243.
Whoa! Super quick reply!

Thank you and GitHub issue has now been raised.
Great Facebook plugin! Two issues:

1. Is there anyway to split up the first and last names? to have them save into different profile fields?
2. This is minor but is there anyway to remove the " - " in front of the Login with Facebook button?

Forum site is www.ncdentistry.org
Thanks for your help.
1. The user's first and last names are already packed into a custom profile field you can choose by setting the Sync first and last name option in your ACP. If you want NOT to load the user's Facebook name into the username field upon registration, you must edit the input field in the myfbconnect_register template, removing the variable from the value property of the input named "username".
2. You can edit the template member_welcomeblock_guest moving the login/register link wherever you want, also removing the dash which is added by default under the HTML equivalent —
hello shade,

i have install myfacebook connect
but how member can make diferent username with their username in facebook

http://community.mybb.com/thread-170979.html

but, i don't understand with 4. One-click registration
where i can choose enabled or disabled

thank you
(2015-05-24, 07:37 AM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]hello shade,

i have install myfacebook connect
but how member can make diferent username with their username in facebook

http://community.mybb.com/thread-170979.html

but, i don't understand with 4. One-click registration
where i can choose enabled or  disabled

thank you

from plugin settings....

Quote:One-click registration

If this option is disabled, when an user wants to register with Facebook he will be asked for permissions for your app if it's the first time he is logging in, otherwise he will be registered and logged in immediately without asking for username changes and what data to sync.
Yes No
so, One-click registration (No)
sign in with facebook -> member can choose diferent username with facebook account