MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not have any file check. Possibly due to the upgrade script not running. Is there a way to manually run the upgrade script?
If you don't have this module you didn't upload all the files. The upgrade does nothing else than update the settings and other minor stuff.
I uploaded files again, made sure to manually overwrite. I then had to deactivate and uninstall then reinstall again and now it seems to work.

It did however show two 'Login with Facebook' links on the welcome guest template. I have since removed one.

Also as note, after logging in for the first time with 2.0 it will ask you for permissions to post to facebook on your behalf...you click yes, it then takes you back to the forum on an error page saying you are already logged in.

This could confuse members and might need to be corrected somehow to just take them back to the proper forum homepage.

Thanks for the nice update!

Oh, one more idea if I may....Could you somehow integrate a link to your Forums Facebook page into the registration post that is automatically placed on your Facebook page when registering?

Other than that the auto post feature is really great! Thanks again.
Does not happen for me in the test board. Could you provide a defined list of things to reproduce this redirect bug you're getting?
Hi Shade,

I'm unfortunately having problems.
I updated the plugin but I keep getting a white screen when I'm trying to login with Facebook.

Any idea's what is causing this feature?
Check your error.log file if present and report the error you're getting.
(2014-01-11, 01:31 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Does not happen for me in the test board. Could you provide a defined list of things to reproduce this redirect bug you're getting?

When using Facebook to login I get an error saying already logged in.

Attached is the screenshot.
(2014-01-12, 12:06 PM)Jump1979man Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-11, 01:31 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Does not happen for me in the test board. Could you provide a defined list of things to reproduce this redirect bug you're getting?

When using Facebook to login I get an error saying already logged in.

Attached is the screenshot.

you need to edit the 'Valid OAuth redirect URIs' in your facebook app, change it to your index page or where you want your user to go after logging in.

https://developers.facebook.com/apps >> Select your App >> Settings >> Advance (scroll down)
I never had to do this for the previous version before 2.0.......

Anyway, I did add the redirect like you stated. It hasnt changed anything although Facebook said it could take time to propogate to all servers. I'll update in 24 hours.
Nope that is not the cause of the issue. I am currently investigating it (although you did not understand what i meant with "a defined list of steps") and will probably update the plugin with a more reliable way to determine the page you were looking at before logging in (the current version assumes $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] to be always correct, but with some browsers it may not work as intended).