MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im getting a 404 error when trying to login on http://myforum.com/myfbconnect.php?action=fblogin
That would inevitably mean you didn't upload all the files.
i checked my files and its all there and also i already added the app id and secret which im using in the plugin of Nayar
When I try to Register forum Forum travez shows this error:
Quote:An unknown error occured. The output of the error is:
Array
Please report this error to an administrator and try again.
Guys, your error reports are useless without posting the URL of your site.
when im trying to add the app id and secret i get a 404 page but when i removed it i get this
Quote:You haven't configured MyFacebook Connect plugin
yet: either your Facebook Application ID or your
Facebook Application Secret are missing. If you are an
administrator, please read the instructions provided in
the documentation.
i login facebok yes or no ? :^( erorr 404
Ok i might be being thick here i tried to install the plugin and recieved
Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://lab-lovers.com/testing/admin/index.php?module=config-plugins&action=activate&plugin=myfbconnect&my_post_key=4889d54b2a406f23bfc7423fc3e4923c. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I then decided maybe should read the instructions (facepalm) doh! so question is does the installation require the app to be made first as per instructions or am i just doing something wrong, this is on a test board.
To all the guys who encounter a 404 error: well, the file isn't found, so you didn't read the instructions carefully. You have to upload all the files provided in the package to your MyBB's root folder.

I will check the package submitted to the Mods Site to see if there are some missing files within, but there should be all of them as I've double checked before submitting...

@InfraWorld: ooops, I think I might have forgotten to redirect to the register page if you are registering with an existing username. It returns that error unfortunately, I will fix it in asap.

@adbrad: could you post the URL of the test board? That's an error I haven't faced off during beta testing with an awful server, that's why I supposed that the plugin might have worked into every server. Maybe yours is even worse than mine Smile Nevermind, the installation package shouldn't cause timeout problems at all. I'd advise you to retry another time (you don't need to configure the Facebook app before installing MyFacebook Connect).

Edit:

Double checked again and the file is present. You definitely must upload it to your server to solve the 404 error.

Also, thanks brad for your tip. While you were building that post, I was writing down a similar procedure you can see here. It doesn't require external CSS things as it's just an image, but that's only an advise Smile

(2013-04-17, 11:24 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]is this safe..?? the fb connect plugin of nayar is vulnerable.. and what this is error when registering?
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'field list'
Query:
 INSERT INTO mybb_userfields (`uid`) VALUES ('22938')

Yeah, it doesn't have the same CSRF vulnerability Nayar's plugin has.

Do you encounter that error with MyFacebook Connect?
(2013-04-18, 11:45 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]@adbrad: could you post the URL of the test board? That's an error I haven't faced off during beta testing with an awful server, that's why I supposed that the plugin might have worked into every server. Maybe yours is even worse than mine Smile Nevermind, the installation package shouldn't cause timeout problems at all. I'd advise you to retry another time (you don't need to configure the Facebook app before installing MyFacebook Connect).

Hey thanks for the reply how ever i solved the problem, you may just want to mention it you first post that the plugin requires plugin library and what the minimum version is, i encountered the error but the db was updated.
On the test board as was from a older backup, it had plugin library 4 after updating to version 11 it worked perfect thanks for a great plugin, i shall probably be moving it to the live board soon, You may also want to add instructions on what template edits to make as some did not get made to some of my custom templates there is no login with facebook link on my custom theme only default theme.