MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shade. First of all, thank you for this wonderful and great plugin.

Mr. Author, I found an issue with your plugin regarding facebook integration. There's problem when a user accidentally clicked the Save button, they can no longer integrate their account with facebook, the result they will be redirected to error page:

"An unknown error occurred.
Other things to try: .........."
(2013-09-22, 10:46 PM)CptChaosNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-22, 03:09 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]The query should work even without the *. However, MyFacebook Connect doesn't trigger that query at all, so it's not MFC the cause of the issue.

I tried the query in PHPMyAdmin as well, but did gave the same error. I added the asterisk and the query worked.
As said, I went back to MFC 1.0.3 and all is working again, so I guess it something has to do with MFC 1.1. Smile

That's surely strange, it works for me in the development board and as I said before MFC doesn't send that query.

(2013-09-23, 06:35 AM)Denzon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shade. First of all, thank you for this wonderful and great plugin.

Mr. Author, I found an issue with your plugin regarding facebook integration. There's problem when a user accidentally clicked the Save button, they can no longer integrate their account with facebook, the result they will be redirected to error page:

"An unknown error occurred.
Other things to try: .........."

Be more detailed on this, I can't reproduce the error as I didn't understand the flow.
When they clicked the "Save" button instead of
"Click here to link your account with your Facebook's one"

[Image: 11r3a83.png]

They cannot integrate their account anymore.. error occurs.

Error page shows up: An unknown error occurred.
(2013-09-23, 10:57 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-22, 10:46 PM)CptChaosNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-22, 03:09 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]The query should work even without the *. However, MyFacebook Connect doesn't trigger that query at all, so it's not MFC the cause of the issue.

I tried the query in PHPMyAdmin as well, but did gave the same error. I added the asterisk and the query worked.
As said, I went back to MFC 1.0.3 and all is working again, so I guess it something has to do with MFC 1.1. Smile

That's surely strange, it works for me in the development board and as I said before MFC doesn't send that query.

I think it's truly a bug from this plugin. I disabled all plugins except this plugin and PluginLibrary and still the error persists. As said, the query doesn't work on my PHPMyAdmin resulting in the same error. Even setting MySQL to disable it's strict mode didn't work.

Used MySQL version is 5.5.32, OS is Ubuntu.
Shall I repeat that MFC doesn't send this query at all? Check your error logs and see where it happens.
(2013-10-12, 01:42 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Shall I repeat that MFC doesn't send this query at all? Check your error logs and see where it happens.
Logs aren't showing anything, checked the MySQL log and the Apache2 log. Sad Otherwise I wouldn't be here begging for help. Wink

The only plugin I have which does something with usercp.php is MyFacebook Connect, which I think I have proven by disabling any plugins except MyFacebook Connect and PluginLibrary.

Something in MyFacebook Connect 1.1 has changed, making it stop working. The error is only with version 1.1, version 1.0.3 is running just fine.

Repeating (or 'hinding' (I have this feeling somehow, nofi)) behind "the plugin doesn't send that query at all" doesn't help at all and gives me an idea you're just being ignorant (nofi as well), saying that just doesn't make the error go away or something. Wink

I like this plugin a lot and I believe the new version has some new things over version 1.0.3. So I am eagering to use this plugin, but somehow it doesn't work.

I feel I have done anything that I can do at the moment to debug this, so I am asking you for help. If you want, I'll create an account for you, so you can test as well.

I'm not too lazy to try anything or adjust some things. I just need to know where to look and to what it has to be changed in.
(2013-10-12, 03:45 PM)CptChaosNL Wrote: [ -> ]Repeating (or 'hinding' (I have this feeling somehow, nofi)) behind "the plugin doesn't send that query at all" doesn't help at all and gives me an idea you're just being ignorant (nofi as well), saying that just doesn't make the error go away or something. Wink

I've said it because it is the truth. I'm here with a working copy of MFC 1.1, which has been downloaded hundreds of times and installed on the same amount of boards without a report about this error you're getting. This should at least tell you "hey, maybe there's something wrong with MY board and with other plugins, let's find what's causing the issue and if I can't debug it, let's ask someone to check it out for me". I mean, begging for help while keep on saying the same things, especially when you are being said that the error you're getting isn't caused directly by the plugin itself, is quite annoying and nonproductive.

Anyway, I've always helped with errors occurred using my plugins, and in the most cases they're proven to be caused by external factors. I will be glad to check your board if you'll provide me at least a temporary admin account or even better a temporary account to access to your ftp and see what's wrong within the files (that's what I call debugging).
(2013-10-12, 05:10 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-12, 03:45 PM)CptChaosNL Wrote: [ -> ]Repeating (or 'hinding' (I have this feeling somehow, nofi)) behind "the plugin doesn't send that query at all" doesn't help at all and gives me an idea you're just being ignorant (nofi as well), saying that just doesn't make the error go away or something. Wink

I've said it because it is the truth. I'm here with a working copy of MFC 1.1, which has been downloaded hundreds of times and installed on the same amount of boards without a report about this error you're getting. This should at least tell you "hey, maybe there's something wrong with MY board and with other plugins, let's find what's causing the issue and if I can't debug it, let's ask someone to check it out for me". I mean, begging for help while keep on saying the same things, especially when you are being said that the error you're getting isn't caused directly by the plugin itself, is quite annoying and nonproductive.

Anyway, I've always helped with errors occurred using my plugins, and in the most cases they're proven to be caused by external factors. I will be glad to check your board if you'll provide me at least a temporary admin account or even better a temporary account to access to your ftp and see what's wrong within the files (that's what I call debugging).
As said, I still have the problem when I disable all plugins (except for MyFacebook connect and PluginLibrary). Plugins disabled tell me that their code isn't being used. On the other hand, 1.0.3 works just fine, just 1.1 doesn't and borks. So how could it other plugins be the cause?

I can create an account for you in the forum, so you can test and see yourself? Smile

EDIT:
If you like, I can also create a new install (in a subfolder and different database) and install just PluginLibrary and MyFacebook Connect?

That's the only thing I haven't tested yet.

EDIT2:
Bingo: I created a complete new test environment and managed to reproduce the bug. I only installed PluginLibrary and MyFacebook Connect. The bug appears after I connect my Facebook to this testforum account by using the plugin (facebook app is in sandbox mode, for testing purposes).
Certain plugins can still affects your board's performances even if they are disabled. For example, plugins that edit the core, or plugins with complex structures (to "disable" a plugin does nothing other than running the _deactivate function and not requiring the inc/plugins/plugin.php file, but guess what, you can still use your functions outside this path).

I don't know why, when and what has caused your board to have such a problem. I repeat, I'm here to help but without any access to your board I can't do anything than keeping on writing "it's not a MFC fault".
You should have a PM from me by now Shade. Smile

EDIT:
MyFacebook Connect 1.1 is now installed.

EDIT2:
And now MyFacebook Connect 1.1 is really installed, lol.