MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whaat? that happens? Hasn't happened to me yet?

I hope that's not happening now on my site...
(2013-07-11, 10:36 PM)MuslimBB Wrote: [ -> ]Whaat? that happens? Hasn't happened to me yet?

I hope that's not happening now on my site...

It can happen to anyone whose using this plugin..
Hi guys, I'm back. Let's answer you one by one.

@static1224 @MuslimBB: that error still occurs with the latest version. I hadn't have just the chance to change those 2-3 lines of code that are responsible of the problem, but will soon update the Repo on GitHub along with other patches.

@static1224: thank you for reporting. The problem's caused by a missing check for where the user comes from. However, by logic an user shouldn't go directly to myfbconnect.php?action=fbregister, but should hit the login button which usually points to action=fblogin. I will add a check in the next version to avoid this behavior.

Also, the "#_=_" string is appended by Facebook's API and there isn't a permanent fix for it other than the client-side one - fairly messy and not efficient - although if you accept the Facebook's permissions then you are redirected without the string in the URL.
(2013-07-14, 05:48 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm back. Let's answer you one by one.

@static1224 @MuslimBB: that error still occurs with the latest version. I hadn't have just the chance to change those 2-3 lines of code that are responsible of the problem, but will soon update the Repo on GitHub along with other patches.

@static1224: thank you for reporting. The problem's caused by a missing check for where the user comes from. However, by logic an user shouldn't go directly to myfbconnect.php?action=fbregister, but should hit the login button which usually points to action=fblogin. I will add a check in the next version to avoid this behavior.

Also, the "#_=_" string is appended by Facebook's API and there isn't a permanent fix for it other than the client-side one - fairly messy and not efficient - although if you accept the Facebook's permissions then you are redirected without the string in the URL.

Thank you sir.. I hope this will be updated soon because I've done some temporary fix on the plugin and I know it's not efficient since I am a beginner in web development ... It's almost done sir! YAY! Big Grin
(2013-07-15, 02:48 AM)phiseiler Wrote: [ -> ]i try this but not working

sir I am using this awesome plugin right now!
Hey I am wondering is this just bots or is this an actual problem? I have on my wordpress site "Better WP Security" plugin which checks for users/bots/etc.. trying to do fishy things like mass logins, 404s, etc...

And I noticed lately these 404s:

[Image: 195465404s.png]
That URL is accessible and shouldn't return a 404. However, I don't support external plugins/CMS, so I don't know what's causing this "problem".

You can prevent bots to register by enabling "Verified only" setting in MyFacebook Connect 1.0.3 and above.
Where is that verify only option?
(2013-07-17, 08:11 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/Shade-/MyFacebook-Con...ated-users

sir .. when will be the release of the new version? Big Grin