MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It´s a free hosting they don´t support HTTPS if is a free plan, Can I do something else to get the plugin work?
I'm sorry, this is a requirement at the moment. The Facebook PHP API requires cURL with HTTPS support: I've planned to add a client-side login method which I suppose doesn't require cURL, but it's just an idea right now.
any idea when ull fix the cancel button issue? Works otherwise just fine with facebook login

Another issue it ran into was someone with double space name, i guess that would be everyone, when creating username with space. Had to truncuate by removing space
What's the cancel button issue?

Also, MyFacebook Connect works fine with username with spaces.
no facebook connect works but mybb wont allow a username with spaces.

The error i posted earlier, if u hit cancel on the facebook connect when it asks for permissions it goes back to the forum page and churns out erronous text into the page on top of the forum html i've shown u in earlier posts.

I added the twitter connect too, works good.
MyBB by default lets you register with an username with spaces, so you probably installed an external plugin which restrict registrations. However, MyFacebook Connect should present an error page asking for a username with no spaces if the plugin throws an error hooking in member_do_register_end. The only plugin that does this, as far as I know, is the one from ZingaBurqa's site and it's compatible with MFC.

That error looks quite strange. You should be brought back to an error page with a "Permissions not granted" friendly error. I will look into it, but from the first release it has been behaving in this way.
yeah the spaces in name thing is not an issue it just prompts for entering a different user name

That being said, the cancel chugging out an error does concern me as it will confuse endusers who are not tech savvy. Have to reload the page, etc... refresh won't reload the page the error was staying etc..
Hi Shade,

Would you please tell me which line of code could change the size of avatar pulled from facebook? Can I pull/crop it in less resolution (eg. 60x60 or 80x80) instead of default 100x100 MyBB avatar size? Smile

http://graph.facebook.com/xxxxProfileID/picture?width=100&height=100

Thanks in advance
http://www.webpagetest.org

PS:
You have "After registration usergroup" feature that move new registered member to custom Group ID.
So, Is it possible if move the existing member (which have same email address for facebook login) into custom (or additional) member group?

I have big board more than 2 millions post and more than hundred thousands of members, using this cool plugin Smile
(2013-04-18, 01:06 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]A grainy pixely image or an untrustworthy looking link aren't really ideal solutions for me, so ...

[Image: wDi62Ht.png]

I made this CSS button which you can use as you see fit. It requires Font-Awesome to generate the FB icon.

First, append the class fb-login to the MyFacebook Connect link.

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/myfbconnect.php?action=fblogin" class="fb-login"><i class="icon-facebook"></i><span>{$lang->myfbconnect_login}</span></a>

Then, add the following to your global.css:

a.fb-login {
color: #fff !important;
padding: 5px 0;
border: 1px solid;
border-color: #29447E #29447E #1A356E;
background-color: #5B74A8;
box-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), inset 0 1px 0 #8a9cc2;
-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
font: bold 11px/normal 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;
display: inline-block;
height: 25px;
box-sizing: border-box;
}

a.fb-login:active {
    border-color: #29447E;
    background: #4F6AA3;
    filter: none;
    box-shadow: none;
}

a.fb-login span {
display: inline-block;
position: relative;
top: -6px;
padding: 0 8px;
}

a.fb-login i {
padding: 3px 3px 0px 15px;
display: inline;
margin-left: -5px;
border-right: 1px solid #29447E;
margin-top: 0px;
font-size: 20px;
position: relative;
top: -2px;
}
Sorry I'm new to this. What do I find to replace it with this code?
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/myfbconnect.php?action=fblogin" class="fb-login"><i class="icon-facebook"></i><span>{$lang->myfbconnect_login}</span></a>

And where do I necessarily put this, because I go to global.css and on themes and I have more troubles after that, can you please help me?
(2013-07-04, 06:17 PM)MuslimBB Wrote: [ -> ]yeah the spaces in name thing is not an issue it just prompts for entering a different user name

That being said, the cancel chugging out an error does concern me as it will confuse endusers who are not tech savvy. Have to reload the page, etc... refresh won't reload the page the error was staying etc..

I will look into it as fast as possible.

(2013-07-05, 12:12 AM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shade,

Would you please tell me which line of code could change the size of avatar pulled from facebook? Can I pull/crop it in less resolution (eg. 60x60 or 80x80) instead of default 100x100 MyBB avatar size? Smile

http://graph.facebook.com/xxxxProfileID/picture?width=100&height=100

Thanks in advance
http://www.webpagetest.org

PS:
You have "After registration usergroup" feature that move new registered member to custom Group ID.
So, Is it possible if move the existing member (which have same email address for facebook login) into custom (or additional) member group?

I have big board more than 2 millions post and more than hundred thousands of members, using this cool plugin Smile

Sure, file inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php, line 811:

http://graph.facebook.com/{$fbdata['id']}/picture?width={$maxwidth}&height={$maxheight}

Replace {$maxwidth} and {$maxheight} with your desired values. However, I'd keep them as they are since those variables refers both to your board's settings for avatars' max size.

I thought about a way to include the user into an additional group if linked to Facebook. However I never had the chance to get over it: whenever I'll have the time I will push a commit to GitHub with this addition.