MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok - got it working on groups

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/apps/...1612930223

Just you have to use the 'application' id and not the group id

great idea - well done
(2010-12-02, 08:39 AM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]early indications are

no - not doing it - but would be fab if it was

I will look into it for the next release then. Thanks for looking into it though

(2010-12-02, 10:51 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question. How come in the Bit.ly URL, there's a dot at the end that's part of the URL?

I do not know. Either way the URL I send as part of the status update is not wrapped in a <a> tag, its only text. So its Twitter/Facebook that is generating the linkable <a> tag and including the period.

You can edit the language file to put a space before the period, that should stop it form being included in the converted URL
(2010-12-02, 03:55 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-02, 08:39 AM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]early indications are

no - not doing it - but would be fab if it was

I will look into it for the next release then. Thanks for looking into it though

I does work, me being stupid - not pointing it direct to the group - top class add on
sweet that is works. i will update the docs for the next version that it will handle groups
no problems - feel free to check out our facebook link from our forum to check if you wish... It does like Twitter only post brand new threads.. but it is the group id not the application id or your profile group id - if that makes sense
I have a strange problem,
I installed mybbpublisher plugin, and it was working great..
today i noticed, there are 2 entries of mybbpublisher in setting area, i disabled plugin, and there were still entries, so i uninstalled plugin, logically after that there should be no setting of this plugin in setting option, but there is still one enter of setting is left there..however plugin is not workigin because it is uninstalled but the settings are remains there..
when i install plugin again, it again show 2 enteries of plugin options in setting area.

[Image: 50235381.png]

I opened a separate thread for this problem..but posting here as well in case you can help me out.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-83468.html

thank you in advance.
ignore please,,got the solution from support..
perhaps I still need your help.
MattRogowski from myBB support said me to ask you, that when I uninstaleld and removed plugin completely then why it was still in setting, and why it was not removed and required to remove from ACP > Configuration > Modify Settings
Is there a way to avoid it posting if you edit the first post? I find that really annoying, especially if it's an older thread that I'm just updating.
(2010-12-04, 08:29 PM)killer Wrote: [ -> ]perhaps I still need your help.
MattRogowski from myBB support said me to ask you, that when I uninstaleld and removed plugin completely then why it was still in setting, and why it was not removed and required to remove from ACP > Configuration > Modify Settings

The plugin has uninstall functionality, so something hiccuped with your setup, especially if you have two plugins with this issue.

In phpMyAdmin, simply delete the record from mybb_settinggroups where name is MyBBPublisher with the lowest gid value.

Then delete the records from mybb_settings that have the same gid as the record you deleted above.

Be sure that you verify that the settings are present and correct in both versions of the settings listed before you delete the records. This way you maintain the settings regardless of which record you delete

(2010-12-06, 11:14 PM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to avoid it posting if you edit the first post? I find that really annoying, especially if it's an older thread that I'm just updating.

The purpose of posting a new status update upon an edit of an old post is the assumption that the post you are updating is being updated because it is important (at least important enough to edit).

If you want to avoid 'bumping' status updates from edited threads, you can edit the plugin file and comment out the following line:

$plugins->add_hook("datahandler_post_update_thread", "mybbpublisher_editthread");

similar if you dont want to bump announcement edits, comment out this line

$plugins->add_hook("admin_forum_announcements_edit_commit", "mybbpublisher_onannounce");
ok for some unknown reason, only it itself it has now stopped posting to facebook and twitter??????
any ideas
can you manually update your statuses, when posting as your group to facebook? you can likely post as yourself, but can you as the group (like the plugin would)?